Remote Control

The Photoclubalpha team will provide answers but anyone who knows the gen can offer theirs too
TonyL
Acolyte

Remote Control

Unread post by TonyL »

Does anyone know of a wireless remote control to trigger the shutter of an Alpha 350?
Thanks TonyL
Javelin
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Re: Remote Control

Unread post by Javelin »

Some of the users over on DP bought these.

http://cgi.ebay.com/LCD-Timer-Remote-sh ... m153.l1262

aparently they work very well and add interval timer, shutter timer all programable. there is another older model that still may be around that hasa rotating dial instead of buttons. one of the sellers tod me they arethe same in function and quality just the buttons are different. they also have wireless shutter releases and movement sensor releases too. and there all pretty inexpensive. shop around though because the shipping fee varies quite a bit between venders
TonyL
Acolyte

Unread post by TonyL »

Thanks Javelin for the quick and useful reply. The link led to "roxsen" in Hong Kong and I have ordered a "Wireless Remote Shutter".
We have some brilliantly coloured wild parrots here in Little Grove that come to my bird feeder. Unfortunately this often leads to photographing into sun, so the wireless remote control, plus live view, plus a tripod should do the trick.
TonyL
Javelin
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Unread post by Javelin »

Very nice, post some of your results colourfull birds here are rare and usually very shy. one tip for you isn that once your camera is set up on the tripod, particularly if your using bait. put a bag over it so when it becomes a perch cleanup isn't such an ordeal :shock: