Vendetta Oubliette

The Photoclubalpha team will provide answers but anyone who knows the gen can offer theirs too
KevinBarrett
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Vendetta Oubliette

Unread post by KevinBarrett »

What is going on with this new forum?

Vendetta Oubliette

When I click on it I get the following quote:

"You do not have the required permissions to read topics within this forum."
Kevin Barrett
-- Photos --
KevinBarrett

Re: Vendetta Oubliette

If only it was within his power...lets hope the Oubliette isn't needed much more. I see the wisdom in it though, moving offending threads rather than deleting them.
Kevin Barrett
-- Photos --
Javelin

Unread post by Javelin »

Look it was my thread too ... damn such a troublemaker I am ..
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

KevinBarrett wrote:What is going on with this new forum?

Vendetta Oubliette

When I click on it I get the following quote:

"You do not have the required permissions to read topics within this forum."
You should be able to see it, as a registered user, but not post to it (I don't want it going any further so posting is not allowed). Guests - non registered - can't read it. I can change that at any time, and indeed didn't get the permissions set properly at first which is why everyone was unable to see it for a while.

I do not have a problem with individuals firing shots at others, or replying - once or twice, without hijacking a thread completely. I will only move threads if they end up becoming a slanging match between two people, or against one person. The rec.photo.digital usenet group and a couple of others have almost been wrecked by daily wars between a few individuals. This won't happen here.

David
KevinBarrett

KevinBarrett wrote:If only it was within his power...lets hope the Oubliette isn't needed much more. I see the wisdom in it though, moving offending threads rather than deleting them.
I'm sorry, I though Sonolta meant the DPR Forums... my mistake. It seems I don't know what forums he's referring to, and no, there isn't any point for me to follow a link to get there.
Kevin Barrett
-- Photos --
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

Sonolta wrote:I like the way you let the newbie impersonator, with a grand total of one post to this board, get the last flame in before you closed that thread. You gotta win the bogus mod of the year award on that one! :roll: :lol:

Why did you not move your DPR forum to there? As you know that DPR forum was nothing more than a tattletale-telling-shouting-match between you and a few DPR members! You told me you don't delete posts, but it's quite clear you do delete posts when it serves yourself, as you deleted dozens of correcting the record "DK vendetta" posts in that forum alone...

http://www.photoclubalpha.com/forum/vie ... f=31&t=730

-Sonolta
I deleted the posts because they served a purpose. I was unable to reply to some comments or statements made by two or three individuals on DRP, about me; I therefore did so here. Others took that up and one of the most negative individuals (who had attacked me consistently for no apparent reason) got in touch directly. The reasons for his actions became clear and he stopped doing it, simple as that; I deleted the threads because much of what he had said was due to a misunderstanding in the past. Once the excessive threads about my banning/decision not to ask them to remove the ban when they left it on permanently, had all disappeared - I deleted the entire forum. Nor was it a shouting match.

Deletion was also requested by a few people I respect here, who felt it didn't add to the merits of the photoclubalpha forums.

I have only deleted posts here when people make duplicates by mistake, and I would delete for other reasons if necessary in future. Anyway, it doesn't matter. All of this is just a distraction from meaningful and worthwhile forum talk.

David