a Budget lens for Sonolta :-)

Discussion of lenses, brand or independent, uses and merits
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
InTheSky
Viceroy

a Budget lens for Sonolta :-)

Unread post by InTheSky »

I'm just kidding, but this is a none expensive lens i have found on Ebay. Originaly the lens was made for MD Minolta mount, but i have invested time for modify it to Maxxum Alpha Sony mount.

Here is the result :

This lens is a fix lens, and it is in the range of Zoom lens.

You can go on my Pbase and you will found the answer quickly, but for who wants to play the game, just give some tried before :-).

All the picture as been taken at ISO 200, aperture from F/2.8 to F/16 (oups ! i have gave a hint ! :-) )
at F8.0
100 % crop last picture:

at F2.8

at F2.8
100 % crop last picture:

at F16
100% crop :

at F.28

Regards,

Frank
Frank
A7 (R, S & R II) + NEX 3N ( and few lenses )
KevinBarrett
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Re: a Budget lens for Sonolta :-)

Unread post by KevinBarrett »

Your "Zoom lens" comment threw me off...I was trying to find something in the 24-85mm range and I knew immediately that it wasn't a 35mm or even a 50mm prime...that wasn't even convincing on an a700's crop sensor. I considered the 85mm/2.8, but that is a soft lens. When I realized that you meant "telephoto" and not "zoom," I knew immediately that your new lens is the 135mm/2.8.

Ultimately, the biggest challenge was figuring out whether you were shooting the a700 or the a900!
Kevin Barrett
-- Photos --
InTheSky
Viceroy

all the picture have been take with the A900.

the lens is higher than 135mm :-) . and it is a fix focal length, sorry, in English writing i'm not that good for the moment :-).

Regards,

Frank
Frank
InTheSky
Viceroy

The Soligor version :-) of the 200mm F/2.8 C/D (supposed to better than the previous one).

Has i said, with good control, we are able to get some good picture from this old lens.

Those old lens have the right to reborn again in this Digital world :-).

I have seen one Rokkor on Ebay one time, but i think it has finished at up than 400$ US.

For you link of Pete Ganzel, he is my source of inspiration :-). It is with his experience that i have found that almost every body with some tools at home can modify his own lenses. (the second link is from me , with the 58mm :-).

Regards,

Frank
Frank
bfitzgerald
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by bfitzgerald »

Some of these MD lenses are very good. I had a nice browse on ebay the other night, and many of them are almost given away, they are so cheap. It's great that more A mount users are jumping on board, but there are not really many AF lens bargains anymore. The odd one slips through, keep an eye on film bodies etc, with a lens..sometime the lens might be of interest.

Didn't manage to sell my sony kit 18-70 though, seems everyone is trying to dump them on ebay. I got £70 a week ago for another one..I guess I got really lucky..ggggrrrrrrrr