A cheap lens brings good results

Discussion of lenses, brand or independent, uses and merits
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
Dusty
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

A cheap lens brings good results

Unread post by Dusty »

Went to my my daughter's "WinterFest Concert" (Christmas is too exclusive) with my camera to pop a few pics of her and show fatherly support. Couldn't see her, as she was behind others, but I took a few snaps of the sax player who was being backed up by his dad.

I used my A350 with my Quantaray 70 - 300 4.5, hand held at ISO 1600 & 3200, existing light, all from my seat with my 3 & 4 year olds tugging on me. I gave the guy my card and told him to e-mail me, as I thought I had a couple of good ones. Yesterday he posted them to his web site.

http://www.anointedsaxministries.com/SlideShow.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Slides 5 & 6 are mine. #5 is 300mm, 1/10 sec, F5.6, ISO 1600. # 6 was at 180mm, 1/25 sec, f 4.5, ISO 3200. Both were processed w/ DXO.

After seeing the results, he now wants to hire me to to do the cover on his upcoming CD.

Stop by his home page for some awesome sax music!

Dusty
An a700, an a550 and couple of a580s, plus even more lenses (Zeiss included!).
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Re: A cheap lens brings good results

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

Hurray for Dusty.
Congratulations Tim. :D
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr