Your Opinions Please - What Lens Or Lenses Do I Need?

Discussion of lenses, brand or independent, uses and merits
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
Allam2009
Initiate

Your Opinions Please - What Lens Or Lenses Do I Need?

Unread post by Allam2009 »

Next week is the Sail Amsterdam festival and we have a 'Sony Boat' in the sail in on Thursday.

I have a fairly limited lens selection (see my sig) so was thinking of borrowing some glass for the event. Bearing in mind I will be on a boat for approx 5 hours with lighting from daylight to night what do you think would be good for me to have? Only have Manfrotto travel tripod with me so big heavy lenses are out unless hand held.
A700 - 18-200 - 70-300G - 28F2.8 - 30M2.8
pakodominguez
Minister with Portfolio

Re: Your Opinions Please - What Lens Or Lenses Do I Need?

Unread post by pakodominguez »

70-400G + a giro?
70-200 and 16-35...
Enjoy!
Pako
------------
http://www.pakodominguez.photo/blog" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
WaltKnapp
Oligarch

Unread post by WaltKnapp »

Allam2009 wrote:Next week is the Sail Amsterdam festival and we have a 'Sony Boat' in the sail in on Thursday.

I have a fairly limited lens selection (see my sig) so was thinking of borrowing some glass for the event. Bearing in mind I will be on a boat for approx 5 hours with lighting from daylight to night what do you think would be good for me to have? Only have Manfrotto travel tripod with me so big heavy lenses are out unless hand held.
Unless it's a mighty big boat with a very vibration free engine the tripod won't be a lot of use.

I've used my 70-400G onboard our pontoon boat with good results, things do tend to be a ways away.

Walt
Javelin
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Unread post by Javelin »

may sound like a silly question but is this a part on a boat? or just a scenic boat ride? hate to see you in a towed dinghy 500' away tring to get a picture of bikini girl at the bar with your 400mm