If only!

Discussion of lenses, brand or independent, uses and merits
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
InTheSky
Viceroy

Re: If only!

Unread post by InTheSky »

David,

You are 100% true and I think the 100mm 2.8 is still the best choice. It was very late yesterday night when I have done this setup, but looking back to the picture I found that there is still a kind of linearity related to the subject from the front lens.

At 1:1 the distance from the front lens , the distance is almost factor 2x from each leach. At 1:3, there is ~26 inches front element 200mm 4.0 and ~14 inches for the 100mm 2.8. I'm thinking about if this is something the engineer desinging the lens wanted to achieved instead of calculating the focal plane of the film/sensor to the subject... ? But again, as you told, the 100mm is always a bit ahead in the distance.

I hope this test will help people looking if the return of investement to more than 3 time the price of the 100mm 2.8 on used market is intelligent to get this ~2x distance from the front element. For my experience I found that what scare the most the bug on the flower is the twin flash kit :-) hi hi.

In conclusion to this thread on my side, I'm hopping this lens will be purchase, meaning that If I'm selling mine next year I will be able to get a Zeiss lens for the difference I paid.

Regards,

Frank

Regards,

Frank
Frank
A7 (R, S & R II) + NEX 3N ( and few lenses )
KevinBarrett
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Unread post by KevinBarrett »

That's just sick, showing off your 100/2's.
Kevin Barrett
-- Photos --
InTheSky
Viceroy

KevinBarrett wrote:That's just sick, showing off your 100/2's.
:-) sorry...
Frank
lonewolf16x9
Heirophant

Unread post by lonewolf16x9 »

Cheers Jules...
tri-elmar-fudd
www.exaggeratedperspectives.co.uk
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

That's funny. That box is not the original lens box. It's actually the box for the CASE. That is what I'm selling my 28mm f/2 with - the box for the leather case! It looks like a box for the lens, only it has the case reference number on the end. I sold a stack of these boxes and cases for 80-200mm f/2.8 and various other lenses when we bought all the Minolta stock. I don't think I sold any 200mm f/4 boxes, as I would have kept one and a case - and I never had those.

David
InTheSky
Viceroy

lonewolf16x9 wrote:Hope you've got the box Frank!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Minolta-200mm ... 2c6117cfb0
In fact, I don't have the box , and even not the original Hood. I'm buying lens to use them and not to collect them.

So most of the time I'm buying them for a good 20% of there market price because of that. A good example are the 400mm F4.5 without the box and with an external body not perfect, but the optic is like new. Or a 100mm 2.8 D without the back lens (there was some industrial usage for this lens that needed to remove the electrical component), I just bought the small 5 pins connect for 50$ program to 100mm 2.8 and the lens restart working like a new one.

The 200mm never goes out without the twin flashes kit who does work with the hood. I bough a metal 72mm hood with front thread that do the job better.

The only lens I'm missing the hood are one for the 28mm 2.0 that my kid broke, this one is a little bit difficult to replace.

I think the price is a little bit too much for the second one. But, we never know, there is people who are very welling to pay to have specific lenses.

DAVID :
From the same seller, if you look at this kit : http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mamiya-ZD-22M ... 2c60d2a96f , I have manipulate too much Minolta lenses in the last 5 years now ... and on the 35mm picture, the grid information on the lens looks identical to the Minolta lenses ... Is is possible that ... ???

Regards,

Frank
Frank
lonewolf16x9
Heirophant

InTheSky wrote:
lonewolf16x9 wrote:Hope you've got the box Frank!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Minolta-200mm ... 2c6117cfb0
''In fact, I don't have the box , and even not the original Hood. I'm buying lens to use them and not to collect them.''

Never any inferrence that you don't use em Frank, quite the opposite! I enjoy your posts, you love taking pictures, thats pretty obvious, I love to see that :D

''I think the price is a little bit too much for the second one. But, we never know, there is people who are very welling to pay to have specific lenses.''

They certainly are. When I sold off my Nikon Lenses, which was quite a sizeable kit, I had a few rarities in there too, there was quite a bit of fighting and name calling over them, it was not an entirely pleasant experience...
I'm not planning on doing it again witn my Sony kit, I'm trying to be very careful and buy only what I need and so not end up selling any of it until I absolutely must, IE: No longer own a Camera that the lens is usable on.
To that end I would have loved to buy Davids 100 F2.8 Soft, As I don't think they come up that often, alas we're one of those jobless households you hear about on the news at present, so I'm just wishing... :cry:

David: You have eyes like a Hawk, I usually spot these things first but did not here. I'll put that down to my relative naiveity in Minolta Land. :)
Cheers Jules...
tri-elmar-fudd
lonewolf16x9
Heirophant

Cheers Jules...
tri-elmar-fudd
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

Based on current prices, you could buy this and sell it for a 50% profit.

David
lonewolf16x9
Heirophant

Warm up the plastic! :lol:
Cheers Jules...
tri-elmar-fudd