The new 180mm Sigma looks pretty...

Discussion of lenses, brand or independent, uses and merits
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
lonewolf16x9
Heirophant

The new 180mm Sigma looks pretty...

Unread post by lonewolf16x9 »

Cheers Jules...
tri-elmar-fudd
www.exaggeratedperspectives.co.uk
agorabasta
Viceroy

Re: The new 180mm Sigma looks pretty...

Unread post by agorabasta »

The 19mm e-mount is also very interesting. That's the focal length very close to where everybody's aunt is using her superzoom 95% of the time. So it will be popular. I will get one for sure, especially considering the EX label.
jcoffin
Grand Caliph

Unread post by jcoffin »

It looks like Sony isn't the only one to re-use (without proper editing) old merchandising material now and again. At least as it's quoted on SAR, the press release for the 19mm claims to be equivalent to a 38mm on a full-frame. That would be true on a 4/3rds camera, but on a NEX (APS-C sensor) it's equivalent to ~28-29mm (i.e., as we all know, they have a factor of 1.5x, not 2x).

The press release for the 30mm seems to have the same mistake (claiming it gives the FoV of a 60mm on a full frame).
lonewolf16x9
Heirophant

Unread post by lonewolf16x9 »

You noticed too, makes you wonder does it not...
Cheers Jules...
tri-elmar-fudd
www.exaggeratedperspectives.co.uk
Heidfirst
Oligarch

Unread post by Heidfirst »

& unless I'm mistaken it's a 150mm OS HSM Macro that's coming in A-mount (already out in CaNikon mounts) & the Sigma 50 is a 1.4 not 1.5 ...
edit :I see that Sigma do seem to have announced a 180/2.8 Macro but currently Japanese & US Sigma websites (it's not on UK) only mention Sigma mount - not even CaNikon let alone A-mount.