SAL 500 F4 G Is here!

Discussion of lenses, brand or independent, uses and merits
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
Dusty
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Re: SAL 500 F4 G Is here!

Unread post by Dusty »

bfitzgerald wrote:Might be just me but some of those football players do seem on rather high wages. In some cases quite obscene some of the salaries for the top players.
In the US, baseball is the big sport, and here our players earn only a measly $414,000 MINIMUM salary. Those are guys that get called up from the Minor League because someone got injured. Top players earn $25 Million a year!

A few years ago, our St. Louis Cardinals said they needed a new stadium, but couldn't afford the $150 million tab. The team is owned by Billionaires. However, if the city and county would be so kind as to force the taxpayers to cough up the money, they would take the old stadium down and put up a $150 million office park!

Of course, our politicians, having failed 8th grade math, couldn't figure out that anyone with $150 million to spend on an office park also had that amount to spend on a staduim, if they wanted to, said "Sure thing!"

I gave up on sports when people who play a game for a living went on strike because they don't have enough millions to waste.

Dusty
An a700, an a550 and couple of a580s, plus even more lenses (Zeiss included!).
bfitzgerald
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by bfitzgerald »

Dusty I used to watch a lot of boxing, some football..formula 1 etc. I found it to be a media show more than a sport (sadly)
I'm sure there are less well known people in sport who struggle to get by and do work for their money. On the other hand I find some of the top players/people and their wages just excessive and it kills the sporting side of it stone dead.

$25 Million a year I'd work for 6 months and retire ;-)
Wes Gibbon
Oligarch

Unread post by Wes Gibbon »

This announcement was reported in 'Amateur Photographer' under the headline 'SONY UNVEILS WHOPPER ZOOM'. Is this the first zoom lens where the shortest and longest focal length are exactly the same? Or is it just another case (alas, all too common these days) of failing to engage brain when typing up copy in a photographic magazine?