OMG SAL70400g arrived without collar

Discussion of lenses, brand or independent, uses and merits
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
CharlieWebster
Oligarch

OMG SAL70400g arrived without collar

Unread post by CharlieWebster »

I bought a 70400g used and it's arrived w/o the tripod collar.

I'm in CONUS. I can find no listing of the part.

any suggestions?
mvanrheenen

Re: OMG SAL70400g arrived without collar

Unread post by mvanrheenen »

Ouch, that sucks!

I don't think mine has a partsnumber on the collar. A quick search on the Sony parts catalogue seems to confirm that. Don't really know if any third party vendor has anything to offer. Maybe E-bay?

Mark
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

That’s an incomplete lens Charlie, that lens has to have the foot, I have a large old MD lens with a foot and I know from past experience it would be pretty much useless without it; I’d return it for a refund ASAP, that’s one option. You probably could call Sony support and ask if one can be obtained and how much it is if the seller for some reason doesn’t know where the foot belonging to the lens you bought is, that’s another option but I sortof like option (1) because I’d have grave doubts about the legitimacy of the lens, I can’t imagine anyone being so irresponsible as to offer a lens of that calibre for sale without the foot and forget too mention it, either he is a dork or it’s been boosted or both.
Greg
Ps CONOS?
UrsaMajor
Imperial Ambassador

Unread post by UrsaMajor »

Greg Beetham wrote:CONUS?
CONtinental United States

(In the US, but not in Hawaii or Alaska, for which shipping is typically more expensive.)

With best wishes,
- Tom -