Tamron- CS and Warranty= GREAT

Discussion of lenses, brand or independent, uses and merits
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
motor
Heirophant

Tamron- CS and Warranty= GREAT

Unread post by motor »

My Tamron 17-50 2.8 started doing some funny thing last week. it wasn't being found by the camera, then after I took it off and snapped it on the F value wouldn't work, Then I snapped it off and put it on my old A700 and it wouldn't autofocus but allowed for the F value to be changed and then it just died again on the A700. Talk about customer care. I called Tamron and they said no problem it is under warranty. The lens is 5 years old!hiccup!! I sent it in on Friday, got an e-mail Yesterday that it was fixed ( replaced motor, F slide, contacts and refocused it and even cleaned it) They even took the front element off and replaced it. It had a very small scratch. It is on it way to me today. That is 5 days total from leaving my house to being sent back as a totally new lens. I am impressed :P I hope it is as good quality as it was. I really think I had the perfect lens. I compared it several times to the exact lens a friend of mine has and it was always tack sharp and never distorted. Very impressed! Just thought I'd share.

Moater
mvanrheenen

Re: Tamron- CS and Warranty= GREAT

Unread post by mvanrheenen »

Great service from Tamron you got there, Moater.

I have a Tamron 90mm macro and hope that when it needs service, I can get it at the same level you had.

Mark