Zeiss 24 1.8 for NEX 7

Discussion of lenses, brand or independent, uses and merits
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
deathvalleydave
Heirophant

Zeiss 24 1.8 for NEX 7

Unread post by deathvalleydave »

Hi David,

First off, apologies for so many questions recently!!! I sold the A900 gear and awaiting the NEX 7.

Just how good is this Zeiss 24 1.8 emount lens? I hear it's even sharp at 1.8 - if that's the case, you don't really need OSS, correct?

Thanks,
Dave
edrice
Oligarch

Re: Zeiss 24 1.8 for NEX 7

Unread post by edrice »

OSS means optical steady shot which is intended to reduce motion blur in a jittery image specifically for handheld cameras and has nothing to do with the lens aperture. Read up on this - http://www.digital-slr-guide.com/digita ... shake.html
deathvalleydave
Heirophant

Thank you for the link, but I'm aware of stabilization. I was simply saying that the Zeiss 24 1.8 does not have any kind of stabilization optically, and the NEX 7 doesn't have it on the sensor either, so I was just stating that with a 1.8 lens, you can shoot handheld with this type of "fast" lens, using the wide open aperture, it will give you a faster shutter speed, thus getting shots in focus.
deathvalleydave
Heirophant

What I'm really asking here - is just how good is this Zeiss 24 1.8 for emount lens? Are we talking similar to the Zeiss 85, 135, or 24 F2 for the A-mount?

Or, just the best e-mount prime wide angle but not in the same ballpark as the A-mounts I listed above?