M42 adaptor for A-mount?

Discussion of lenses, brand or independent, uses and merits
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
Atgets_Apprentice
Grand Caliph

M42 adaptor for A-mount?

Unread post by Atgets_Apprentice »

I had a wee bit of a brainstorm today, and decided to try my ancient Helios 55mm f2 lens from my Zenit E on the front of my a580. It gave me some pretty weird results, and I'd like to do some more, but do it properly.

So, Does anyone know if there is such a thing as an M42 - A-mount adapter? If I can find such a thing, I promise to post some results, providing they're not too embarassing!

A-A
XG-1, XD-5, XD-7, X-500, XG1n, X300, 7000i, 700si, 800si, 500si Super, 600si, Dynax 5, KM 7D, a100, a200, a300, a580. And another 600si.....
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Re: M42 adaptor for A-mount?

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

Easily found. I have several, from Pixco (eBay) and others. The better ones have focus confirm chipping, they all vary a lot in fit and must always be fitted first with real care - I have had one jam on a camera, and one foul the mechanisms inside the mount. So don't just twist firmly and force. Gently mount, keep checking the fit.

I have the same lens - very good results.

David
Headcell
Initiate

Unread post by Headcell »

David Kilpatrick wrote:Easily found. I have several, from Pixco (eBay) and others. The better ones have focus confirm chipping, they all vary a lot in fit and must always be fitted first with real care - I have had one jam on a camera, and one foul the mechanisms inside the mount. So don't just twist firmly and force. Gently mount, keep checking the fit.

I have the same lens - very good results.

David
Adapters are, as David, says very easy to come by on eBay. I currently use a cheap one without focus confirm. I did have one, but found it unreliable. It rarely did confirm focus and after a few sessions the dratted thing stopped working. And no, it wasn't a cheapo one!
Atgets_Apprentice
Grand Caliph

Unread post by Atgets_Apprentice »

Thanks chaps, I shall check Pixco out on ebay. As for focus confirm, I might just stick with the Mk 1 eyeball!
XG-1, XD-5, XD-7, X-500, XG1n, X300, 7000i, 700si, 800si, 500si Super, 600si, Dynax 5, KM 7D, a100, a200, a300, a580. And another 600si.....