35/1.8, the best e mount lens yet

Discussion of lenses, brand or independent, uses and merits
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
Mark K
Grand Caliph

35/1.8, the best e mount lens yet

Unread post by Mark K »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: I did not buy 24/1.8 CZ but ended up with other primes especially 35/1.8 and 10-18/4. Couldn't be happier
I went to DxO mark lens data base and by selecting prime standard lens on emount, Nikon DX and Canon EFS, I found the following list with 35/1.8 being the sharpest lens
http://www.dxomark.com/index.php/Lenses ... ric-Scores
artington
Imperial Ambassador

Re: 35/1.8, the best e mount lens yet

Unread post by artington »

It has certainly had excellent reviews. The new Zeiss Touit 32/1.8 is going to find the competition pretty tough I suspect. And it's good to see that these are following in the wake of the two Sigmas in being nicely small - something the original 18-55 most definitely was not. On the subject of zooms, the newish Sony 16-50 is also nicely compact and its image quality is perfectly acceptable provided one is not overly exercised about the massive distortion correction necessary at the wider end. As a travel item it is good enough for me although it would be nice if it was faster. I guess physics means that fast zooms are simply going to be too big for the small NEX bodies and if one needs speed fast primes like the 32,35/1.8s are the only possible ways.
Mark K
Grand Caliph

Re: 35/1.8, the best e mount lens yet

Unread post by Mark K »

DxO pulblished E mount lenses and 50/1.8 was rated the best