Widest FF wide angle - not fisheye

Discussion of lenses, brand or independent, uses and merits
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
Edward
Acolyte

Widest FF wide angle - not fisheye

Unread post by Edward »

What is they widest full frame lens, that isn't a fisheye? -- I need one for a few industrial photos. I have a Minolta 17-35, but need wider. What do you folks recommend?
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Re: Widest FF wide angle - not fisheye

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

There's this new Chinese FF wide angle - http://www.ukdigital.co.uk/laowa-15mm-f ... ony-a.html. Otherwise, the Samyang 14mm f/2.8, or my favourite, which is simply the Sigma 12-24mm f/4.5-5.6 zoom.
Edward
Acolyte

Unread post by Edward »

Thanks David. I had forgotten about the Sigma 12-24. Its expensive, even used, but it might be the best choice. And it will work with my A850.
peterkarry060342
Acolyte

Unread post by peterkarry060342 »

I bought a Sigma 12 - 24mm on eBay and never regretted it for its sharp very wide angle view. I have used it on my A900.
Edward
Acolyte

Unread post by Edward »

Thanks guys. I ordered the Sigma from Amazon. Ebay sellers want the same price, unless you are getting one out Japan and I'll need it in 3 weeks, to finish some technical manuals so I bought the price. -- No one is discounting these that I can find, unless they are used or grey market. Hopefully Sony will produce an A99II, but I doubt they will. I think they are playing a marketing game to keep customers from moving to Nikon.

Funny how sony was irrate when the Koreans hacked their website, but having the integrity to tell customers their plans, is not in their ethics.