RX100

For all talk about digital compacts or EVF-SLRs in the Minolta, Konica Minolta or relevant Sony ranges
wave_wizard
Initiate

RX100

Unread post by wave_wizard »

It has been a very long time since Ive posted in this forum. Life just got busier and other hobbies took over for a while.
Well I have to say this new camera from sony is an absolute cracker!
I researched point and shoot cameras until my better half almost throttled me, so this was my chance to sway her to purchase this fine piece of equipment. The reviews do not lie, the camera is fun, versatile and takes brilliant shots. One of the better purchases I have bought in a long time...........no I dont work for Sony.
Hope you like the pics.

What you see depends on what you're looking for.
Dusty
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Re: RX100

Unread post by Dusty »

Nice shots, WW. I like what I see from the RX100, but I can't wrap my head around spending $650 for a fixed lens, P&S camera that only has a 28-100 lens.

For that price, I'd want a 24-135, and probably a sensor bigger than 1", too.

Dusty
An a700, an a550 and couple of a580s, plus even more lenses (Zeiss included!).
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

Great shots.
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
wave_wizard
Initiate

Unread post by wave_wizard »

Dusty wrote:Nice shots, WW. I like what I see from the RX100, but I can't wrap my head around spending $650 for a fixed lens, P&S camera that only has a 28-100 lens.

For that price, I'd want a 24-135, and probably a sensor bigger than 1", too.

Dusty
Thanks Dusty, the price is a little steep but I believe you get a lot of camera for the price. Years ago I bought the olympus C8080 a great camera which I still have but it cost me over double for what I paid for the RX100. I bought this camera to take over seas as I did not want to lug around my A700. The RX100 goes everywhere with me now.
I understand that its a fixed lens but when you think about it there is quite a bit of amazing technology in such a small compact. I'm sure the price of the RX will come down.
I still find it amazing how the cameras develope over time I cant imagine what they will be like in 5 to 10 years time!
I'm looking forward to the A99 reviews.
cheers
Steve
What you see depends on what you're looking for.