RX100 accessories

For all talk about digital compacts or EVF-SLRs in the Minolta, Konica Minolta or relevant Sony ranges
pakodominguez
Minister with Portfolio

Re: RX100 accessories

Unread post by pakodominguez »

agorabasta wrote:I have an RX100 for quite some time already. And I find it's usability too limited due to poor lens quality - there is too much LoCA in the blur, it's visible even at very small blur radius all the way till f/8. So I shoot mostly at f/9 in good light or wide open in the dark - that's too limiting.

Actually, a NEX6 with PZ1650 is a much better combo for about the same money.
I had the RX100 for a couple of months or so. I did really like the camera overall but, as Agorabasta says, the lens has its limitations: I believe it is extremely good at the wide end, specially at close focus (but I don't like wide angles for close up work) but at the long end, the lens is a little weak... I sold it with no regrets.

I think the NEX-3NL with the PZ1650 is as pocketable and cheaper than the RX100, a really good alternative.
Pako
------------
http://www.pakodominguez.photo/blog" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Argonaut
Oligarch

Unread post by Argonaut »

pakodominguez wrote:I think the NEX-3NL with the PZ1650 is as pocketable and cheaper than the RX100, a really good alternative.
Hey, is that an NEX-3NL with the PZ1650 zoom in your pocket, or are you just glad to see me?
pakodominguez
Minister with Portfolio

Unread post by pakodominguez »

Argonaut wrote:
pakodominguez wrote:I think the NEX-3NL with the PZ1650 is as pocketable and cheaper than the RX100, a really good alternative.
Hey, is that an NEX-3NL with the PZ1650 zoom in your pocket, or are you just glad to see me?
Which pocket?
Anyways, I'm always glad to "see you", Argonaut...
Pako
------------
http://www.pakodominguez.photo/blog" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;