Seeing more and more mirrorless in Thailand

For all talk about digital compacts or EVF-SLRs in the Minolta, Konica Minolta or relevant Sony ranges
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Seeing more and more mirrorless in Thailand

Unread post by bakubo »

My wife and I are spending a month in Thailand. Been here over 3 weeks so far. Of course I see lots of DSLRs and smartphones, but I am seeing a whole lot of mirrorless. Sony, Olympus, Panasonic, and Fuji. I have not seen a single Nikon or Canon mirrorless though. Seen more mirrorless this time than a few months ago in Turkey.
Birma
Tower of Babel

Re: Seeing more and more mirrorless in Thailand

Unread post by Birma »

That's interesting Henry. I agree that they are becoming a more common sight when out and about. I have a few friends who have either just switched, or are considering new, systems and they have almost all gone to mirror-less; Sony and Fuji. The only exceptions are those would want the 'big' glass where Canon still seems to reign supreme. I'm waiting with interest to see what the A9 or A7R mk 2 are like.

Looking forward to your Thailand pictures. :)
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

DSLRs are Canon and Nikon. Occasionally a Pentax. So far, not a single Sony.
classiccameras
Viceroy

Unread post by classiccameras »

When I go onto the continent, and visit tourist attractions Canon reign supreme with Nikon a close second followed by bridge cameras and then compacts, but by far the most common are cell phones. I've always toyed to get a good quality bridge but the sensor size has always put me off.
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

classiccameras wrote:When I go onto the continent, and visit tourist attractions Canon reign supreme with Nikon a close second followed by bridge cameras and then compacts, but by far the most common are cell phones. I've always toyed to get a good quality bridge but the sensor size has always put me off.
I think many of those bridge cameras have pretty small sensors so don't worry that the sensor might be too big. There is also the Sony RX10 and Panasonic FZ1000 which have larger sensors than all the others.

If you want a FF bridge camera then check out the Olympus IS-3000/IS-3.