Great pictures on my HX-90V

For all talk about digital compacts or EVF-SLRs in the Minolta, Konica Minolta or relevant Sony ranges
classiccameras
Viceroy

Great pictures on my HX-90V

Unread post by classiccameras »

I always carry my Sony HX-90V compact on holidays, it goes in the pocket and has a great Zeiss zoom lens, but every time I down load on the PC the pictures look so much more pleasing than my A37/standard 18-55 kit lens, The colours are far nicer and overall its a better camera in some ways.
Yes, I know the sensor is small, but if you shoot within the cameras capability, it never ceases to amaze me with its colour rendition and exposure accuracy. I have never been a big fan of Sony Jpeg colours, but this is different. No idea why but it does a great job.
the_hefay
Viceroy

Re: Great pictures on my HX-90V

Unread post by the_hefay »

classiccameras wrote:Yes, I know the sensor is small, but if you shoot within the cameras capability, it never ceases to amaze me with its colour rendition and exposure accuracy.
I've never owned or used a compact Sony, but my Mom has had a couple of compact Panasonics that have amazed me in the same way. "Within the cameras capabilities," are multitudes of amazing pictures even on small sensors.
classiccameras
Viceroy

I can only guess, but they may have had their Jpegs optimised for the point and shoot consumer market
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

No surprise. See this long lasting, ongoing thread:

Tiny sensor revenge gallery thread!

http://www.photoclubalpha.com/forum/vie ... =17&t=4195

Please post a photo in it!
classiccameras
Viceroy

Thanks for opening up the thread again I had forgotten all about it, there are some impressive small sensor pictures. Will try to post a pic when I have time.
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

I just went through the first few pages (54 pages in all :!: so far) of the Tiny sensor revenge gallery thread! and I was reminded of lots of people who use to be on the forum, but have disappeared. :(
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

Speaking of tiny sensor camera photos, sometime back I made an album with a selection of only tiny sensor camera photos. The caption of each photo has the year and the name of the camera used. They start in 2000 -- January 2000 when I got my first digital, an Olympus D-340R 1.3mp. :)

http://www.bakubo.com/Galleries%202/Dig ... index.html
classiccameras
Viceroy

Hi guys are you still there, I have just invested in a Bridge camera and apart from my HX-90V compact I have no other Sony product, but I guess I am still eligible to be a member? OK, its a Panny Lumix FZ 330 with a Leica constant F/2.8 zoom, I wish I had moved over years ago, but the quality just wasn't there then, it is now, even with a small sensor it produces superb pics with colours that are in my opinion nicer than Sony, still that's objective.