minolta autometer III F

Info, discussion, repair manuals, downloads, home fixes, horror stories!
pakodominguez
Minister with Portfolio

minolta autometer III F

Unread post by pakodominguez »

Does anybody remember the type of battery it takes?

Thanks
Pako
------------
http://www.pakodominguez.photo/blog" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Re: minolta autometer III F

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

Is it a PX628? I used to have a Flashmeter III and I think this took a PX628.

David
pakodominguez
Minister with Portfolio

David Kilpatrick wrote:Is it a PX628? I used to have a Flashmeter III and I think this took a PX628.

David
PX/KX 28?
I only have Kodak nomenclature...
Pako
------------
http://www.pakodominguez.photo/blog" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

If it is a small cylindrical battery 6V, I think, that should be it.

David
01af
Imperial Ambassador

Unread post by 01af »

The Auto Meter II, Auto Meter III, and Auto Meter IIIF take a 6 V cell the size of four stacked 1.5 V LR44 button cells. There are several names for this 6 V cell, including (but not limited to) PX28, G13, 4LR44, 4SR44, or 28L. They come in alkaline versions (e. g. PX28, 4LR44), silver oxide (e. g. 4SR44), or lithium (e. g. 28L). You can use either type.

That said, I'd steer clear from the Minolta Auto Meter III and IIIF. Of all Minolta meters, these are the least desirables ... okay, the Flash Meter II is pretty quirky, too. I'd rather have an Auto Meter II (cool self-rotating analog display, huge metering range down to EV -4 at ISO 100/21°, however does not meter flash) or one of the later models, from Flash Meter III or Auto Meter IVF on.

-- Olaf
pakodominguez
Minister with Portfolio

01af wrote:The Auto Meter II, Auto Meter III, and Auto Meter IIIF take a 6 V cell the size of four stacked 1.5 V LR44 button cells. There are several names for this 6 V cell, including (but not limited to) PX28, G13, 4LR44, 4SR44, or 28L. They come in alkaline versions (e. g. PX28, 4LR44), silver oxide (e. g. 4SR44), or lithium (e. g. 28L). You can use either type.
Yes: 4SR44/PX28 works. Thanks.
01af wrote:That said, I'd steer clear from the Minolta Auto Meter III and IIIF. Of all Minolta meters, these are the least desirables ... okay, the Flash Meter II is pretty quirky, too. I'd rather have an Auto Meter II (cool self-rotating analog display, huge metering range down to EV -4 at ISO 100/21°, however does not meter flash) or one of the later models, from Flash Meter III or Auto Meter IVF on.

-- Olaf
Well, I have this lightmeter since... I dont remember anymore! 1992? I mean, I'm not shopping for a lightmeter, I just need to replace the battery. It always woorked as expected: fine. I got a new lightmeter (Sekonic Twinmate L-208) a couple of years ago because I needed a smaller devise, not because I have to replace the Autometer III F.

The battery died last weekend and I hadn't have the devise handy when I booked a shooting home for this weekend. I don't have access to the internet at the office since last month and I check what I need on my phone (a G1) that doesn't support *.pdf (I found the manual on VIken's website) brief: I need the info and thanks to David an Olaf I got it. Thank you guys!!!

Regards
Pako
------------
01af
Imperial Ambassador

Unread post by 01af »

pakodominguez wrote:... I just need to replace the battery. It always worked as expected: fine.
Yes, in terms of accuracy and reliability, the Auto Meter III and IIIF are just as good as any Minolta light meter---and that means: very good. When I said these were less desirable than the others then I am talking about usability and feature set.

-- Olaf