My A77 repair - result. Also some lens repair details.

Info, discussion, repair manuals, downloads, home fixes, horror stories!
johnstra
Heirophant

My A77 repair - result. Also some lens repair details.

Unread post by johnstra »

Sony Central Service based at Bridgend in the UK returned my damaged A77 last Friday the 20th. I was not at home when they delivered it and had to wait until yesterday to pick it up. I posted it on the 9th of July (Freepost). They received it on the 12th. There was a small delay while they contacted me for the estimate and deposit of £100. The total time - six working days since they received the broken camera. They have replaced every scratched panel -top, front and base, right side, screen back and function dial and the Steady Shot is now working. It cost me £117.00, which is the fixed price repair :!: I reckon that is excellent service and I would bet that Nikon and Canon would not be any better.

I have not received my 16-80CZ yet but it will cost me £134 unless they find more wrong with it. I asked them if they could do anything about the terrible zoom creep that this lens suffers from. Thank goodness for David K as otherwise I would not have discovered the LensBand. Anyway, they list amongst the spare parts a 'friction sheet E'. I will let you know what it is like when I get it back.
Bob Johnston