Forum updated

News about new material on photoclubalpha
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Forum updated

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

We have updated the Forum to phpBB3, and placed a few controls in to stop mass registration by spammers. This may prevent some domains from registering (those identified by spamcop, etc, as sources of problems). I have also placed a limit on image sizes in-line in posts - they should be no wider than 600 pixels, and no higher than 800. Some functions of the board are expanded and you can opt to turn off our word-censoring process if you want.

David
Omega892
Oligarch

Re: Forum updated

Unread post by Omega892 »

Thanks for that David.

Note to users, browser bookmarks will now be require updating but I guess most will already have encountered that 404 error by now.

PS Does your Attenborough namesake know what an Heirophant is? :)

PPS Can't get into the Gallery at present.
'Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.' - Benjamin Franklin
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Re: Forum updated

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

It looks as if the update to phpBB3 has broken the Coppermine Bridge function, and there is no easy fix to this right now. I will keep trying the Coppermine support forums and website to see exactly what needs to be done to restore the user database and make the Gallery functional again. I'm not expert in php (in fact, the exact reverse) and I can't find an answer written in plain terms which I understand, yet.

David