Main site redesign

News about new material on photoclubalpha
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Main site redesign

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

The main Photoclubalpha site has been given a new template and some new features. The old template was difficult to update and had known problem with text wrap/margins. The new one is about as up to date as I can find, and is fully configurable. It does take time to make the adjustments which can refine the look of the site, I have been able to spare a couple of hours to get it moving.

David
Birma
Tower of Babel

Re: Main site redesign

Unread post by Birma »

Hi David - I like the update to the main site. The new layout makes navigating easier and I like the photos on the banner / heading. Are any of those Nex panoramas? (I also listened to, and appreciated, the 9/11 song you uploaded - very poignant at the moment.)
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

No NEX panoramas so far, I can add images easily to the rotation. Most of these are Shirley's because for some reason she had more images which suited letterbox crops.

If anyone wants to send me images for consideration, make them 1080 x 150 pixels in size, and add a reasonable sized signature/credit/watermark (not something huge!). I just have to upload them to the folder, can use as many images as we like.

I will add NEX pans in due course (got to take a decent one first...) and probably identify them. The shots up now include film scans as well as digital.

David
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

I like the look too.
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
pakodominguez
Minister with Portfolio

Unread post by pakodominguez »

hi David,

No fix for the galleries yet?
last upload is from Jan 27, 2008 -I uploaded some pics a couple of weeks ago because I wanted to insert them on a post and I was not on my computer(s), so no FTP for using my own hosting, but I got a "you need approval" message and the pics are not there (I found another solutions since then)

Regards
Pako
------------
http://www.pakodominguez.photo/blog" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

I think the entire gallery system needs removing and replacing. I can't fix it because it was originally 'bridged' to the Wordpress Forum database and when PhP BB3.0 appeared, the bridging system broke. They have never bothered to repair it so simply removing the gallery and installing a modern alternative may be the best solution - starting again.

David
pakodominguez
Minister with Portfolio

David Kilpatrick wrote:I think the entire gallery system needs removing and replacing.
A new gallery will be integrated to the forum? If you find the Gallery useful, I think re-start from scratch is not that bad

Regards
Pako
------------
http://www.pakodominguez.photo/blog" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

OK, before making any drastic decision I have updated cleanly to the latest version and everything officially checks out.

Suggest you see if it's working at your end.

David
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

David Kilpatrick wrote:No NEX panoramas so far, I can add images easily to the rotation. Most of these are Shirley's because for some reason she had more images which suited letterbox crops.

If anyone wants to send me images for consideration, make them 1080 x 150 pixels in size, and add a reasonable sized signature/credit/watermark (not something huge!). I just have to upload them to the folder, can use as many images as we like.

I will add NEX pans in due course (got to take a decent one first...) and probably identify them. The shots up now include film scans as well as digital.

David
David, to which address should I send them?
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

[email protected] will do fine

sRGB 'Save for Web' high quality is what I'm using

David
pakodominguez
Minister with Portfolio

David Kilpatrick wrote:OK, before making any drastic decision I have updated cleanly to the latest version and everything officially checks out.

Suggest you see if it's working at your end.

David
Well, it doesn't recognize my login/pass (it is not liked anymore to the forum/site account) and my pictures are now under "Unknown coward's" (http://www.photoclubalpha.com/coppermin ... ?cat=10039)
:-(
Whatever... if you can erase that gallery, I'll start again.

Regards
Pako
------------