That Cheap Ebay NP-FM500H battery

Specifically for the discussion of the A-mount DSLR range
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
bfitzgerald
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

That Cheap Ebay NP-FM500H battery

Unread post by bfitzgerald »

I got my battery this morning, via hong kong, the usual place for the battery deals.

I can report the following..
Construction looks good, no issue with inserting or removing the battery (ie, it fits fine) Moulding is very close to the original , of course.
This one is branded "SIDO", I have not used a battery of theirs before, though I have friends who have for other makes of camera, and I heard good feedback on those.
% battery life works as expected..
No attempts are made on the lettering to mislead buyers into thinking its a real sony battery, aka info lithium is not present on the front.
I cannot report on shooting capacity, as I have not used it long enough, nor how long the cell will last.
However, just over £10 inc p&p, I have to say..erm that is a LOT nicer than the £45 odd for the real thing.
I won't post links here, just have a browse around on ebay, and nab one if you fancy.
If I have any problems to report, I will do so...

Oh and BTW, I am on my 3rd A200 right now! I think there are some QC issues! lol
alphaomega
Viceroy

Re: That Cheap Ebay NP-FM500H battery

Unread post by alphaomega »

Just bought one of these SIDO batteries from HK for £10.00 delivered so I would encourage BFitzgerald to provide a user update in the not too distant future, if he would kindly oblige. This will be my second spare so it really has been purchased as a fall-back during heavy shooting.
bfitzgerald
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by bfitzgerald »

The SIDO branded battery is currently in use on the A200. I have no problems to report..it seems to last as long as the original does, but I am not doing tests on that, just my own feel. Honestly the battery life on the A200 is pretty great as it is...but it's worth having a spare.
alphaomega
Viceroy

Unread post by alphaomega »

Just received my SIDO battery and having charged it I immediately put it into may A350. It immediately registered 100% charge in the rear screen. So far so good. This is only my second spare, but it looks as good and solid as the Sony original.