LensAlign

Specifically for the discussion of the A-mount DSLR range
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
calpon
Initiate

LensAlign

Unread post by calpon »

Has anyone checked this out:
http://www.rawworkflow.com/lensalign/

This seems like it will once and for all answer the questions about front focus/back focus.

What I wonder, is how useful this info will be if it is discovered that an A700 has BF/FF with a few lenses. How would you adjust the combination of camera/lens so , let's say 6 lenses would all properly focus. It is easy for me to see how this helps with an A900 and the ability to microfocus several lenses within the camera body. With the A700, the camera and lenses would have to be sent into Sony. Can the A700 be adjusted for several lenses or would the lenses have to be adjusted for the camera. OR...is Sony just going to avoid the issue all together?

Before you say that this will not effect many lenses....Luminous Landscape tested 20 lenses and 3 cameras with LensAlign and found half were off.
paulobro
Initiate

Re: LensAlign

Unread post by paulobro »

An interesting gimmick, but so very expensive.
At $20-$40 I'd say it would quite profitably sell like hot bread, but as it is I suppose it will keep in the shelves for quite a while, as almost as efficient homebred equivalents can certainly be manufactured in almost no time at almost zero cost.
Paulo Brochado