A700 Cashback UK Claim

Specifically for the discussion of the A-mount DSLR range
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
grh700

A700 Cashback UK Claim

Unread post by grh700 »

Hi All,

Im new to this site today.

I bought my new A700 last week to work alongside my existing Minolta 35mm SLRs and film lenses.

I need a bit more adivse on the £100 cash back offer in the UK.

They require you to send in the Original Sales Receipt/Invoice, European Guarantee doc and claim form.

The European Guarantee was inside the sealed sony A700 box when I bought it mail order, so doesn't include the dealers stamp or camera /customer details on the 4 empty boxes.

Sall I send it to them Blank, or fill it out with the details of serial no, supplier etc myself. ????????

Many thanks
Graham
Carlj
Heirophant

Re: A700 Cashback UK Claim

Unread post by Carlj »

Graham, not sure, but believe many retailers will have the serial number of your purchase on your receipt - probably to stop someone buying a broken one off ebay and getting it replaced with their receipt!

Always keep a photocopy of your originals though!

Welcome to the site!
Carl
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

They are desperate to get the guarantee forms back - your receipt and the completed guarantee are what they want. They will then register your camera. One reason they do it this way is that only a tiny percentage of new product buyers now register their gear under warranty at all. Many just keep the cards.

David
Omega892
Oligarch

Unread post by Omega892 »

grh700 wrote:The European Guarantee was inside the sealed sony A700 box when I bought it mail order, so doesn't include the dealers stamp or camera /customer details on the 4 empty boxes.Many thanks
Graham
IME dealers don't normaly bother stamping such cards at point of sale unless pressed and then it is made out like you are making a nuisance of yourself because most don't bother.

I do wish that a kit body only + grip was available as I don't particularly wan't an example of any of the lenses that come with. I have never seen a grip in my local LCE (given up on Jessop) and each time I ask they never know if any are coming. Are Sony shipping the VC grips?
'Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.' - Benjamin Franklin
rogprov
Oligarch

Unread post by rogprov »

I have never seen a grip in my local LCE (given up on Jessop) and each time I ask they never know if any are coming. Are Sony shipping the VC grips?
I bought a a700 vertical grip back in October from Devon Camera Centre for £160. They have them in stock now (but it seems the price has gone up by £20).

Here is the link http://www.devoncamera.co.uk/index.cfm/ ... ntrol_grip.

Roger
Roger