Micro Adjustment

Specifically for the discussion of the A-mount DSLR range
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
pakodominguez
Minister with Portfolio

Micro Adjustment

Unread post by pakodominguez »

Hello,

The manual for the A900/A850 states that: "If you perform AF fine adjustment with a lens of other manufacturers, the adjustment values of Sony, Minolta nad Konica Minolta lenses may be affected (the camera will explode, the lens will burn and the sky will fall...)"

Did somebody already try doing micro AF adjustment on "non original" lenses? did your camera burn?

Regards
Pako
------------
http://www.pakodominguez.photo/blog" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yagil Henkin
Heirophant

Re: Micro Adjustment

Unread post by Yagil Henkin »

As far as i know, no physical harm would be done. The problem is that some third-party lenses are incorrectly identified by the camera as minolta lenses, because of some reverse engineering they've used (for example, imagine what would happen if the camera thinks a sigma 12-24* is a minolta 17-35, and changes the adjustment for the later - and then you put a 17-35 on the camera; you'll get totally incorrect settings).

*just an example, I don't know what chip does sigma use.
pakodominguez
Minister with Portfolio

Re: Micro Adjustment

Unread post by pakodominguez »

Yes, I understand it is about the Lens ID, but the way it is written on the manual seam like all your lenses will get off if you set the micro adjustment on a non Minolta/KM/Sony lens.
I only have one non original lens, the Tamrom 70~200 f2.8 that will probably need some adjustment. I'll have to check if their ID matches the one of the other lenses I have.

Thanks for your answer.

Regards
Pako
------------
http://www.pakodominguez.photo/blog" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;