New Sony DSLR announcement?

Specifically for the discussion of the A-mount DSLR range
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
destrianlives
Initiate

New Sony DSLR announcement?

Unread post by destrianlives »

Any info? Anyone? When? What show or Press Conference? Anything? I'm wondering why the Advanced Amatuer Line (A700 has been left dry). Any word on a successor announcement or anything? Specs? Anything? R Sensor? Anything?
Check out my free lighting articles at http://www.studiolighting.net and search for "David Griffin" or The Prince of Cheap
Javelin
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Re: New Sony DSLR announcement?

Unread post by Javelin »

Nope nothing beyond speculation
alphaomega
Viceroy

Unread post by alphaomega »

Look at this if you wish a bit of fun: Future Sony cameras on dyxum.com
http://www.dyxum.com/dforum/future-sOny ... 54095.html
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

Yep I reckon that's a spot on guess, A1000 for sure, has that same sort of snake oil salesman blather, the 50 and 100MP image thing, and at movie frame rate too boot...except he never explains how any camera is ever going to process and store that much info, (as if there will ever be a lens that can make any use of 100MP in an APS-C sensor).
Greg
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

It's mostly nonsense but Sony has been working on a mirrorless high speed DSLR-family model for at least 18 months. Enough people round the world have been told things about it to convince me it's not a myth. It is supposed to be capable of a very high frame rate at high res (think something like 15fps at 12 megapixels). Given the 7fps of the A550 I think this is entirely possible.

David
KevinBarrett
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Unread post by KevinBarrett »

Well, if they've got 8MP 4x movie cameras, 15 fps shouldn't be too far off for 12-14MP. Eliminating the mirror makes this a lot more feasible, but any camera putting through that much data will need more advanced tools and interface for the "delete" function.
Kevin Barrett
-- Photos --
pakodominguez
Minister with Portfolio

Unread post by pakodominguez »

we will probably have a mirrorless camera, more in the spirit ot the Olympus E-P1 or the Panasonic HF1: a second camera for amateur and/or pros. this way they will be able to resolve video on a (sort of) dSRL with proper focusing and metering.

I hope we will seen soon this camera because I'm thinking seriuosly about buying the EP1+17mm and a four third to Minolta MD/MC adapter!

Regards
Pako
------------
http://www.pakodominguez.photo/blog" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;