A900 perplexing behavior

Specifically for the discussion of the A-mount DSLR range
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
sury
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

A900 perplexing behavior

Unread post by sury »

Today I was taking some shots with A900, Kiron80-200, with glass less adapter and Metz flash and suddenly the camera starting showing a black band on top side of the image. With HVL20 it would not show that. After turning off the camera for a short while and using it, the problem disappeared. I don't know what caused it but it was baffling. An example is shown below.

With best regards,
Sury

Minimize avoidable sufferings - Sir Karl Popper
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Re: A900 perplexing behavior

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

Metz flash odd behaviour - that is a delayed flash firing, the shutter is half closed. You have to work on manual to get your rig to function, and for flash you must set 1/125th or slower shutter speed. It is possible to get away with 1/200th under good conditions with a fast responding flash. I suspect this is a faster shutter speed.

David
sury
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Re: A900 perplexing behavior

Unread post by sury »

David,
Thank you as always. That certainly explains the mystery. Yes, I had flash set to 1/400, 1/500 in those shots. When I came back to reshoot with A900, I am sure I changed the shutter to below 1/200 and the "problem" disappeared. Lesson learned. Thank you once again for your prompt response. I feel better that there is nothing wrong with the camera.

With best regards,
Sury
Minimize avoidable sufferings - Sir Karl Popper