A350 and A700 at ISO800 and 1600

Specifically for the discussion of the A-mount DSLR range
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
tabraha
Acolyte

A350 and A700 at ISO800 and 1600

Unread post by tabraha »

Well I was ready to pull the trigger on an a700 and then I see the choice of an a350!hiccup! This new 14mp sensor being Sony's latest , I'm wondering if it is their greatest? Is it up to par with the 12.5mp CMOS that the a700 is packing? My a100 is very noisy at anything over ISO200 and I want to get some better speeds later in the day for my ametuer wildlife photography. The a350 seems very attractively priced and the live view/moveable lcd could come in handy at times when hiding in the woods trying to minimize my range of motion.

So at this point I know they are both better than my current a100 but I am curious how much further into the ISO range the a700 can take me (compared to the a350) if at all for the price tag attached to it. I know that not all sensors are created equal and more mp's doesn't always mean better; all thoughts are appreciated. The price difference alone could put an additional lens in my bag!

Tad Abraham
Glyn R
Initiate

Re: A350 and A700 at ISO800 and 1600

Unread post by Glyn R »

I looked at test images at imaging resource and the new sensor looks good to me. Not much advantage over A700, if any, depends what you want. I just ordered one anyway miles better than my present camera.
The older I get the better I used to be.
tabraha
Acolyte

Re: A350 and A700 at ISO800 and 1600

Unread post by tabraha »

Thank you Glyn for your response. I'll download the full size files and take a look at them side-by-side.