Buying a Sony alhoa 700

Specifically for the discussion of the A-mount DSLR range
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
Ralpheyesight
Initiate

Buying a Sony alhoa 700

Unread post by Ralpheyesight »

I have found a British company Globaltraderltd, a UK based company offering a very good price on the 700. However when asking them online if the gaurantee is British I am told by them that it is international, which makes me think it is a grey import.

Anyone any experience of them.

Like a thread from David I would sooner pay a little more and be sure I got a British product gaurantee than risk it, even if they are the same camera and we have to pay more.
Thincat
Acolyte

Re: Buying a Sony alhoa 700

Unread post by Thincat »

I don't know about this company but I suspect they're grey imports if they don't say otherwise. I'd recommend that you look at warehouseexpress.co.uk. They're a very reputable retailer - one of the best - and they do a 25% price beat policy. Their list prices on the Sony are not that low but, paradoxically, that helps when you're doing the 25% price beat. They have a list of companies that they'll beat - Park cameras are usually the lowest. (Note: they don't beat "sale" prices). Just find the lowest price on their approved list and fill in the form. I got my A700 and CZ16-80 last year for £1150 (after cashback).
Ralpheyesight
Initiate

Re: Buying a Sony alhoa 700

Unread post by Ralpheyesight »

Many Thanks went to Best Cameras in the end a company i have dealt with previously.