A77, am I the first to notice?

Specifically for the discussion of the A-mount DSLR range
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
alphaomega
Viceroy

Re: A77, am I the first to notice?

Unread post by alphaomega »

David Kilpatrick stated (in reply to my posting the mock-up picture)
The black A77 is the earlier mockup again, and has things like the 7D/A700 style metering control and a fixed screen. The clear one is a current mockup and probably based on real components, it does not have the same controls.
So why on earth do Sony continue to show that mock-up when it is no longer relevant? To confuse us all? It is either a model in the pipeline or not. If superseeded it should be confined to a black cellar with an outside lock and no key.
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

RubberDials wrote:A lot of people are calling this a mock up - it isn't a mock up, it the actual camera, with a clear plastic body instead of a mixed materials one. Nothing is going to change.

This is the camera.
I just now took a quick look at the page and it says it is a コンセプトモデル(スケルトモック) -- concept model (skeleton mock). That last part, skeleton mock means skeleton mock-up. Japanese love to take English or other foreign words and then shorten them. :)
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

David Kilpatrick wrote: Our webserver was down for the whole of yesterday - this has been very frustrating after three years without problems, we have had two days in the last month, and this has been the worst (as well as worst-timed).
Yes, I noticed. I hope your hosting company can get their act together soon.
pakodominguez
Minister with Portfolio

Unread post by pakodominguez »

David Kilpatrick wrote: Our webserver was down for the whole of yesterday - this has been very frustrating after three years without problems, we have had two days in the last month, and this has been the worst (as well as worst-timed).

David
I recommend you to migrate to OVH, they are probably the best hosting in EU and, of course, they have a UK branch.
Pako
------------
http://www.pakodominguez.photo/blog" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
bfitzgerald
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by bfitzgerald »

Dr. Harout wrote:Barry it might be a kind of sealing. Hoping for, of course.
It looks identical to the A200/5d and every other film body (bar the 7) I have ala plastic it seems quite hard and robust looks a bit like that bakelite stuff highly unlikely it is just looking at my own bodies reminded me of that.

It might well have a full metal mount in the production one as it's a mock up just something to keep an eye on.
RubberDials
Heirophant

Unread post by RubberDials »

bakubo wrote:
RubberDials wrote:A lot of people are calling this a mock up - it isn't a mock up, it the actual camera, with a clear plastic body instead of a mixed materials one. Nothing is going to change.

This is the camera.
I just now took a quick look at the page and it says it is a コンセプトモデル(スケルトモック) -- concept model (skeleton mock). That last part, skeleton mock means skeleton mock-up. Japanese love to take English or other foreign words and then shorten them. :)
Thanks for the cultural trivia - it's genuinely interesting - but i'm not sure what you're saying with your post. You think this isn't a factory run chassis in a plastic case? You think they put all those pcbs and tiny ribbon cable connectors and screw lugs in a model?
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

Well one thing is for sure, it's not made of wood. (actually I didn't think Mk1 was either, but this one is a much better mock) :mrgreen:
Greg
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

RubberDials wrote:
bakubo wrote:

This is the camera.
Thanks for the cultural trivia - it's genuinely interesting - but i'm not sure what you're saying with your post. You think this isn't a factory run chassis in a plastic case? You think they put all those pcbs and tiny ribbon cable connectors and screw lugs in a model?
sony.jpg
(131.85 KiB) Downloaded 2126 times
Last edited by bakubo on Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

http://www.dpreview.com/news/1102/11021 ... oundup.asp

The Sony stand also plays host to a more revealing mockup of the forthcoming mid-level DSLR (something around the level of the A700, if you will). This farily finished looking mockup features a transparent plastic shell, showing all the key components in place or, at least, that they can be fitted in. Most interestingly, the mockup has same catch holding the mirror down as seen in the SLT models.
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

Here is a video report from the Sony CP+ booth:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/fBJ9RJ9MDns
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

Thanks Henry.
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
RubberDials
Heirophant

Unread post by RubberDials »

bakubo wrote:http://www.dpreview.com/news/1102/11021 ... oundup.asp

The Sony stand also plays host to a more revealing mockup of the forthcoming mid-level DSLR (something around the level of the A700, if you will). This farily finished looking mockup features a transparent plastic shell, showing all the key components in place or, at least, that they can be fitted in. Most interestingly, the mockup has same catch holding the mirror down as seen in the SLT models.
Is this meant as an answer to my question? You must be stupid if you think bolding the word 'mock-up' in anyway disproves my point that this is the actual design of the camera and contains a factory run chassis inside. What do you think's inside? Two a55s?
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

RubberDials wrote:Is this meant as an answer to my question? You must be stupid if you think bolding the word 'mock-up' in anyway disproves my point that this is the actual design of the camera and contains a factory run chassis inside. What do you think's inside? Two a55s?
It seems like you should contact Sony to express your umbrage for them not following your script. Your hate and fury are palpable.
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

RubberDials wrote:Is this meant as an answer to my question? You must be stupid if you think bolding the word 'mock-up' in anyway disproves my point that this is the actual design of the camera and contains a factory run chassis inside. What do you think's inside? Two a55s?
By the way, I posted the Sony webpage screenshot so you can see with your own eyes what Sony says about it.
KevinBarrett
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Unread post by KevinBarrett »

Is any body clever enough to tell whether this latest prototype is weather-sealed? I fear it isn't. D:
Kevin Barrett
-- Photos --