FF Joys...

Specifically for the discussion of the A-mount DSLR range
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
lonewolf16x9
Heirophant

Re: FF Joys...

Unread post by lonewolf16x9 »

Hope you get to try again soon and get it sorted David...
So I have no idea what to ask for my A850/KM 17-35 f2.8-4 and SAL 50mm F1.4
Basically the 850 is new I guess, despite it's trip to Sony about 200 test shots all the bits unused and a Sony screen protector, the KM is mint but no box but with a Nikon front cap, which may de-value it a bit :lol: and the fifty is new boxed and unused. So how much do I ask for em on Ebay then, there seems to be plenty of fifties not selling there, so I'll try to undercut a bit there, theres been a couple of 17-35's too but mine is minty but no box, the problem is the A850, have no idea what to ask for it as to all intents and purposes it's as fresh as the day it was born...
Cheers Jules...
tri-elmar-fudd
www.exaggeratedperspectives.co.uk
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

With the 850 I suggest you ask whatever last new price at a discount you have seen, but bear in mind VAT and used status guarantee issues. I think they are still worth £1300. The 50mm is probably worth £150 - I would pay that for it and hope to sell my older original Minolta for £100 or so, I'd like to have the 55mm thread version with bayonet hood fitting. They can be got for £199-220 easily enough new, and I'm VAT reg so the base price of a new lens is only £175-180 for me.

The 17-35mm I can only say is worth about £150 because that's all mine sold for and it was complete in box. But you might be lucky and get £175-200. Mine also only cost me £149 new when they were sold off by KM, so I did not lose anything by owning it.

David
Philip
Oligarch

Unread post by Philip »

I recently sold a boxed, near mint, Sony 50mm F1.4 for £145 - so you might be fortunate and get a few pounds more, but interest wasn't that strong - shame, they're a great lens!

Good luck!

Philip
lonewolf16x9
Heirophant

Thanks for the advice Guys, now all the Donkey wok of having to flog it again, there's no point in owning two halves of a system that don't fit together for my purposes though so needs must!
Cheers Jules...
tri-elmar-fudd
lonewolf16x9
Heirophant

I've decided to try the body for £1150, that way if I sell my 17-35 and 50mm (Sold) I will have enough to buy a Sony A77 with 16-50mm kit or try at least to source a good Zeiss 16-80 to go with it. Again thanks for the advice guys. Other halfs got wind of it now and she's none too happy :( :( :shock:
Cheers Jules...
tri-elmar-fudd
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

lonewolf16x9 wrote: Other halfs got wind of it now and she's none too happy :( :( :shock:
Omg how did that happen? loose lips sink ships...you don't talk in your sleep do you Jules?
Greg
lonewolf16x9
Heirophant

"Loose Talk Costs Lives"! :wink:

Too much Umming and Ahhing on the Web and writing too many Emails to names she might recognise! Caught out good and proper! I'd have to come clean eventually anyway, going back to APSC and not buying loads of Zeiss glass you'd think she'd be pleased... Nope :shock:
Sad part is the Website will have to come down in a couple of months too. I may have to flog my Epson V700 and Epson 3880 which have not really been used in anger either, to get some kind of decent system together, it's tough without readies but there you go, I'm not going to be without a decent Camera come hell or High Water, to come back to a Nautical theme :lol:
Cheers Jules...
tri-elmar-fudd
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

I think you’ve got the priorities in the right order for sure Jules.
Greg
lonewolf16x9
Heirophant

Right I've got the A850 for sale at Amazon UK and Dp Review, can you think of anywhere else I can put an add without resorting to Ebay? I have not enough posting history at Dyxum so thats out at present. Minds made up and it has to go, so the sooner the better. I cannot stand feeling like this about gear it's doing in my bonce being so unhappy with the situation, any help achieving a resolution to this will be gratefully recieved...
Cheers Jules...
tri-elmar-fudd
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

How about our own For Sale section - scroll down?

David
lonewolf16x9
Heirophant

You know what, I actually thought I'd already put it there! :shock:
Capital Sir Capital!
Cheers Jules...
tri-elmar-fudd
pakodominguez
Minister with Portfolio

Unread post by pakodominguez »

David Kilpatrick wrote:I've micro adjusted the 70-400mm on A77 and believe that makes a big difference. There has been no race meeting since, but I'll repeat the test when there is a chance. I was comparing with the very latest brand new Canon 300mm f/2.8 and 1DMkIV - so it was hardly an equal contest!

David
Hi David,

Any news about the performance of your 70-400 now that the micro-adjustment on your camera had been done? How it performs on the A900?

Regards
Pako
------------
http://www.pakodominguez.photo/blog" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Been doing other stuff. I have some static tests which show it's pretty good. I still think that wide open at 400mm it shows typical fingerprint aberrations I see on most zooms of this range in the same conditions.

I need a good subject, and good light, both of which we are very short of right now.

David
lonewolf16x9
Heirophant

Good News! The Sale on Amazon UK is going well, It's only been there two days and I already have three wealthy Nigerian Businessmen fighting over my A850! Sigh... :lol:
Cheers Jules...
tri-elmar-fudd