A77 fun...

Specifically for the discussion of the A-mount DSLR range
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
lonewolf16x9
Heirophant

A77 fun...

Unread post by lonewolf16x9 »

Flagrant advertising but funny none the less...
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xmm6vt ... igital_fun
Cheers Jules...
tri-elmar-fudd
www.exaggeratedperspectives.co.uk
Magnar Fjortoft
Initiate

Re: A77 fun...

Unread post by Magnar Fjortoft »

Who is this Barack Obama? LOL

Funny. Thanks for posting!
lonewolf16x9
Heirophant

Cheers, I like to lighten the mood a bit sometimes, all the testing can get a bit serious...
Got any daylight yet???
I'm trying to get money in place to try out an A77 ... again, your posts here and over at DP, are making want to try again with it, I still feel the A850/900 files are nicer, more Malleable than the A77, they don't get ragged as quick, more tolerant of my naff exposure/PP technique than anything else!
The A77 will get permanantly welded to my 70-400 methinks...
Any tips with processing this beast?
Cheers Jules...
tri-elmar-fudd
Magnar Fjortoft
Initiate

Unread post by Magnar Fjortoft »

lonewolf16x9 wrote: Got any daylight yet???
I'm trying to get money in place to try out an A77 ... again, your posts here and over at DP, are making want to try again with it, I still feel the A850/900 files are nicer, more Malleable than the A77, they don't get ragged as quick, more tolerant of my naff exposure/PP technique than anything else!
The A77 will get permanantly welded to my 70-400 methinks...
Any tips with processing this beast?
Daylight a few hours up here now, but rain and snow, so I am still waiting for dry weather so that I can compare the Minolta Apo 400 mm f:4.5 with the G 70-200 mm + 2x converter and the G 70-400 mm zoom lens -- a 400 mm combat!

The A77 files need a bit different processing from the A900 files. The A77 files are pretty sensitive to sharpening, due to a more distinct noise pattern also at low ISO settings, so you have to be a bit careful not to over-sharpen the files. But then, they don't need that much sharpening. Other than this, I find the A77 files pretty robust with good tonal depth and easy to work with.

As said earlier: More important than IQ is how you are going to use the camera, and if the set of extra A77 features are helpful for you or not. Go for the camera you "feel" for.

Welding the G 70-400 to the A77? Lol! This was new to me! I have heard about using glue earlier, but with your method you are redefining the A77 to a superzoom camera!

EDIT:

I have now posted my 400 mm lens test at Dpreview: http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read. ... e=40322676
Last edited by Magnar Fjortoft on Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lonewolf16x9
Heirophant

Birding/critter/Aviation Compact :lol:
Cheers Jules...
tri-elmar-fudd