Ephotozine like the new Cameras...

Specifically for the discussion of the A-mount DSLR range
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Re: Ephotozine like the new Cameras...

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

Nice conclusions but rather poor reviews - awful photo examples! Could not have made much worse from the camera.

David
lonewolf16x9
Heirophant

Unread post by lonewolf16x9 »

David Kilpatrick wrote:Nice conclusions but rather poor reviews - awful photo examples! Could not have made much worse from the camera.

David
Agreed! I see a lot of this with Sony Camera reviews, the prose is civilised enough and complementry but the Pics seem rushed, almost as if there's a "Let get this one out of the way quickly" Syndrome. You know, "We don't really like it" but had better say something nice about it...
Or is it that I'm just a paraniod Sony user :?:
Cheers Jules...
tri-elmar-fudd
www.exaggeratedperspectives.co.uk
bfitzgerald
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by bfitzgerald »

EPZ are not on my list of "good review sites" Personally I've seen better reviews on personal blogs at times.
I can see the reason the A65 is touted as a great bang per buck, if you need the 24mp and a fast fps it's a steal.
On the other hand they're not quite as well featured as the reviewer would make out esp notable weak points jpegs, A65 lacks some basic customisation (Auto ISO, bracketing is weak, no DMF)
The EVF is something you need to try in person to get an idea on that, you can't really convey that with any review.

One thing I don't really like about the A65 is not having the AF points mapped to the rear controller this annoyed me with Pentax as well.

I certainly think they are deserving of "good review scores" if they are at the level of overwhelming praise/gold awards is open to debate