Comment on EVF

Specifically for the discussion of the A-mount DSLR range
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
Birma
Tower of Babel

Re: Comment on EVF

Unread post by Birma »

Ouch! Sorry to hear about the Nex 7 - hope the problem is soon resolved Artington.

I like the idea of a really modular camera system - just add the bits on that you want to use, or strip it down to bear minimum if you need a small system. For me, it just gives a few more options.
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

Birma wrote:I like the idea of a really modular camera system - just add the bits on that you want to use, or strip it down to bear minimum if you need a small system. For me, it just gives a few more options.
I like that too. The NEX EVF could be a bit more streamlined, I think, so that it wouldn't be so easy to catch on things. I have also looked at the Panasonic and Olympus accessory EVFs and they also stick way up and have designs that are not well integrated with the cameras. I think it wouldn't take much thought and work to make all 3 a bit less clumsy.
gio67
Imperial Ambassador

Unread post by gio67 »

I thought perhaps there is not much need for the reticulation on the evf as the lcd screen is fine for this and generally you are bending over and it's in the shadow anyway.
taking that away might reduce it a bit, having said that,I'm not really overly concerned about the size, it's just that with the reticulation hinge it is more liable to damage by knocking against your body, but all said and done I'm very happy with it
agorabasta
Viceroy

Unread post by agorabasta »

I can say that I was much more comfortable with the bolt-on EVF on the 5N. It's tiltable, and there's a button to switch between LCD/EVF.
But that EVF feeled rather vulnerable... And then the optical quality of the 5N was rather abysmal with far too many lenses.
UrsaMajor
Imperial Ambassador

Unread post by UrsaMajor »

bakubo wrote:I prefer having a rear LCD and a VF. As for the VF, I like OVFs and EVFs so I get less worked up about that.
I have just the camera for you!

But I will not sell my eight-year-old Minolta A2 to you - I like it too much. :lol:

(Seriously, within its limitations I consider it an excellent camera.)

With best wishes,
- Tom -