How to get the Dutch language interface on the A900 ?

Specifically for the discussion of the A-mount DSLR range
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
Aart Roest
Acolyte

How to get the Dutch language interface on the A900 ?

Unread post by Aart Roest »

My former A900 had Dutch language on the "Menu".
My new one had not. It has English (with which I am by the way already happy enough), Chinese, Japanese and South-Korean. But the European languages are missing, like Italian and German and for me most important Dutch.

I wonder whether there is a way to install the European languages.
The Firmware upgrade to Version 2 did not change the situation.

Please help...
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Re: How to get the Dutch language interface on the A900 ?

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

You've obviously got a SE Asia market camera. The languages on mine seem to include lots of European choices and no Asian languages, but I can confirm that the v2 upgrade was installed from the Asian server.

See: http://www.photoclubalpha.com/2010/12/0 ... e-upgrade/

Although I do warn that you should download from your own language site, at the time various people looked at the checksums for the app downloaded from different servers, and they were all the same. That indicates that the app identifies the languages present in the camera and updates automatically according to region.

So if you have a either a Japanese market or Chinese/SE Asian market model (apparently the Japanese specification for languages is slightly different) you probably can't get it to display Dutch.

David
Aart Roest
Acolyte

Unread post by Aart Roest »

David,
Thank you very much for your clarification. I noticed, while upgrading the firmware, that there was no problem at all. Only the languages did not come up. It is a pity, but I will do with the English language... Being happy with an A900.

Aart Roest
The Netherlands
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

Sony cameras sold here in Japan only have Japanese as the language. Same for Panasonic. It is strange because Canon, Nikon, Pentax, and Olympus have various language choices in the menu for the cameras they sell in Japan. It is one of the differences between the camera companies and the consumer electronics companies and I have never been able to understand why they have made different choices in this area.