A99 mini review by Frank Doorhof

Specifically for the discussion of the A-mount DSLR range
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
Mike-Photos
Oligarch

A99 mini review by Frank Doorhof

Unread post by Mike-Photos »

Hello
A very interesting article on the A99 from a professional who is probably switching to it. His positive remarks about the EVF, which he was expecting to hate, mirror my own views (for my type of shooting at least)

http://www.frankdoorhof.com/site/2012/1 ... fuji-x-e1/
Mike
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Re: A99 mini review by Frank Doorhof

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

Nice read and must say that I picked the right track for me... I'm pretty sure you all know what that is. :D
Nevertheless, am still waiting David's report (impatiently).
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
artington
Imperial Ambassador

Unread post by artington »

Reports seem pretty good to me. Just come across this one which is a few weeks old so may be well known to PCA members

http://www.thistonybridge.com/2012/10/1 ... test-drive

And, yes, I too shall be interested to read David's findings because he always manages to go where others don't.

For me, the a99 just doesnt seem to be a compelling enough upgrade from the a900, although that reflects my total lack of interest in video. I love the evf / articulated lcd screen though. However, no rush I feel - may bite if it gets to 1500 but by then there will probably be a shiny new model to ponder ;)
bfitzgerald
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by bfitzgerald »

It was ok and quite a decent read. Strange to see him prefer Nikon's min shutter speed auto ISO personally I hated it (fine as an option but not focal length aware)
In an ideal world you'd have both, but if I had to take one then the focal length Auto ISO is the one I'd go for. For his type of shooting ok maybe I get that, for everyone else it's a royal pain in the rear end (constantly had to dive into the menu to change the min shutter speed)