A77 no time lapse

Specifically for the discussion of the A-mount DSLR range
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
shooter
Acolyte

A77 no time lapse

Unread post by shooter »

Big disappointment today when I had to shoot some time lapse shots to record the shadow for a location scout for a tv commercial and the A77 has no intervalometer. Last time I had to do this I used my KM 7D which sadly I sold a couple of weeks ago.
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Re: A77 no time lapse

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

You can get a very low-cost intervalometer and long exposure timer with remote release off eBay. I'm pretty sure I have one written up on the webpages somewhere. Having an intervalometer on a live view camera like the A77 is a little bit more demanding than having one on the 7D, or earlier live view small sensor models like the KM Dimage A2. I'm a little unsure how the external intervalometer will work,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UK-Time-lapse ... 337773ed4f

You may see that this unit, which is the same as one I have, does not list any of the SLT cameras as compatible. But it works fine. I have just tested the Aputure branded version, which can do a wide range of delay, long time and intervalometer timed exposures. It activates AF a second before releasing the shutter for each shot. This is the model AP-TR1S. I have also just tested the Cactus Wireless Remote release, and this also works, including first and second pressure signals. This could be adapted using its transmitter and a timer for intervalometer work.

David
shooter
Acolyte

Unread post by shooter »

David Kilpatrick wrote:You can get a very low-cost intervalometer and long exposure timer with remote release off eBay. I'm pretty sure I have one written up on the webpages somewhere. Having an intervalometer on a live view camera like the A77 is a little bit more demanding than having one on the 7D, or earlier live view small sensor models like the KM Dimage A2. I'm a little unsure how the external intervalometer will work,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UK-Time-lapse ... 337773ed4f

You may see that this unit, which is the same as one I have, does not list any of the SLT cameras as compatible. But it works fine. I have just tested the Aputure branded version, which can do a wide range of delay, long time and intervalometer timed exposures. It activates AF a second before releasing the shutter for each shot. This is the model AP-TR1S. I have also just tested the Cactus Wireless Remote release, and this also works, including first and second pressure signals. This could be adapted using its transmitter and a timer for intervalometer work.

David
Thanks David, checking them out now
TallPaul
Acolyte

Unread post by TallPaul »

I have one of those as well and find them really good solution (A900)