SLT mirrors' partnumbers

Specifically for the discussion of the A-mount DSLR range
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
agorabasta
Viceroy

SLT mirrors' partnumbers

Unread post by agorabasta »

So obviously there were two different p/n's for the APSC mirrors, and they are apparently interchangeable. And then there was only one p/n for the FF SLT mirror.
They may be ordered from this site - https://www.servicesplus.sel.sony.com/
Attachments
slts.jpg
(69.73 KiB) Downloaded 2206 times
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Re: SLT mirrors' partnumbers

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

I always thought you would have to be a certified service agent to order direct, but I could be wrong of course.
You could try, what’s the worst that could happen? They might just say to order it through Sony Style though.
Greg
Ps wow they sure aren’t totally cheap, 63 coconuts for the A33 mirror and 108 for the A99 kaf kaf. :shock:
bfitzgerald
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by bfitzgerald »

They probably are cheap enough to make just like most spare parts/accessories have hefty mark ups (very hefty in fact)
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

But what matters is - is there a part number for the A55? Because the later mirrors have improved anti ghosting. If you can fit an A33 mirror to A55, it would improve the camera.

David
agorabasta
Viceroy

The newer p/n APS mirror is a replacement part for all APS bodies, including past and current.
The fact they list a33 as target model is mere inconsistency in their bookkeeping.

A simple Google search for 'A1855640A a55' confirms people were getting that part as a replacement for a55. Similar searches for other APS SLT's produce similar results.

I also wish I could find a full-metal body mount replacement part. Because otherwise the cheapest way is to rob it off some LA-EA1; but that may be the absolute cheapest way given the replacements' pricing.
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Agorabasta, there is the one that fits the A700, but what I don’t know is if it will fit the A55 properly.
Greg
A700 lensmount326894901.jpg
A700 lensmount326894901.jpg (209.29 KiB) Viewed 4013 times
agorabasta
Viceroy

Thanks, Greg. But I wouldn't marrying the a700 mount ring with the SLT aperture assy. The reason is that the SLT aperture control assys are made to work without lubrication - must be to try and keep mirror clean of lubricant spread. So one would need a mount+aperture rings/rollers kit, and that's not available there.
The aperture assys are quoted at that site at about 180-190 US$, adding the mount ring pushes the total well above US$300 adding the shipping. So a full LA-EA1 delivers all the parts necessary and it retails much cheaper - well below US$200.
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Ah ok agorabasta I don’t have an A55 service manual. I was thinking the existing A55 aperture unit could be left where it is, the thing I was wondering most about was that there might be differences in the rear of the mount where it sits on the mirror box mounting points and the mounting points themselves, whether they were all at the same height in both cases.
Greg
agorabasta
Viceroy

Greg Beetham wrote: I was thinking the existing A55 aperture unit could be left where it is, the thing I was wondering most about was that there might be differences in the rear of the mount where it sits on the mirror box mounting points and the mounting points themselves, whether they were all at the same height in both cases.
Greg
Neither do I know yet if the height fits. But I'm pretty sure that the aperture assy must go together with the mount front ring, as those parts are all different between a33-a77-a700-a900-a99-a77 as their p/n's imply. But the a33/55 parts/assys are the one same thing for sure, and it's very likely that a35/57/65 are that same thing as well.

P.S. I also think that the both LA-EA's share the mount with a77.