The a mount is going mirrorless according to SAR

Specifically for the discussion of the A-mount DSLR range
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
bfitzgerald
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Re: The a mount is going mirrorless according to SAR

Unread post by bfitzgerald »

Maybe Sony thought demand would be so high for the A58 in Europe/USA that they shipped most of their inventory to those regions :mrgreen:
Atgets_Apprentice
Grand Caliph

Unread post by Atgets_Apprentice »

bfitzgerald wrote:Maybe Sony thought demand would be so high for the A58 in Europe/USA that they shipped most of their inventory to those regions :mrgreen:
Or maybe they thought better of inflicting a shoddy, substandard product on the home market.

BTW, the recent issue of AP gave the a58 a score of 79/100, one of the lowest scores I can recall for a Sony/KM product. In the same issue, the Canon 100D got a creditable 84/100, and that is a pretty strange camera, priced just below the 700D.
XG-1, XD-5, XD-7, X-500, XG1n, X300, 7000i, 700si, 800si, 500si Super, 600si, Dynax 5, KM 7D, a100, a200, a300, a580. And another 600si.....
alphaomega
Viceroy

Unread post by alphaomega »

So SAR has pinned together some information on Sony's new FF A-mount strategy
http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/sr4-the- ... e-in-2014/
Excerpt
I am now working on the new A-mount roadmap. And I got some reliable info about the new Full Frame strategy:

1) Two new A-mount Full Frame cameras coming in 2014
2) There is a third A-mount Full Frame camera planed but it may be released in early 2015.
3) All new Full Frame cameras will be mirrorless (this means DSLR shape, A-mount, but no SLT mirror).
4) Both cameras will use a new generation 30+ MP sensor (yes, I said new and not the same of the Nikon D800…it’s better!).
Would be interesting if that new sensor was a Foveon type job. I wonder how the AF would work in that set-up.