The beginning of the end?

Specifically for the discussion of the A-mount DSLR range
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
bfitzgerald
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Re: The beginning of the end?

Unread post by bfitzgerald »

Well they say the AF speed is fast, but 2 things stand out.
Native NEX lenses, not that many. Most lenses are A mount

A mount users = expensive to buy the adaptor= don't bother.
I still fail to see the point of such a basic camera myself.

In fact I'd go so far as to question the very existence of E mount. All the news lately is E mount and Zeiss lenses too. Sony must surely have missed the obvious in that ILC's don't court big lens spenders so it's questionable why so much effort has gone into these recent announcements.

If the DSLR market is shrinking (and I don't doubt it is) all the evidence points to the ILC market contracting even more (it's fallen apart basically huge decline) Odd move if you look at the reality in the market place.
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

I think the only thing Sony can do is make a version of this that actually justifies its existence with DSLR like performance, no laggy bits anywhere, and no flash glitches and with all of the expected controls and functions. Then they can really attack the A-mount with the price difference…that might work.
Greg
bfitzgerald
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by bfitzgerald »

These glitches should be quite easy to sort out, or rather shouldn't have been there in the first place. Maybe Sony don't have the right people in place to ensure stuff like this doesn't happen. More worrying a year later and a near £2000 FF camera still evidently has a flash delay problem for wireless