DK's Nikon DF article

Specifically for the discussion of the A-mount DSLR range
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
bfitzgerald
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

DK's Nikon DF article

Unread post by bfitzgerald »

http://www.photoclubalpha.com/2013/11/0 ... -dynax-7d/

Interesting read...
I think I see things a little differently on some areas. I like dials and switches, but the 7d was based on a modern 35mm SLR (and in most but not all ways managed to replicate the handling and ergonomics of the film 7)
The DF seems to be a mix of D600 back and an old style top plate. It just looks "wrong" to me, look at it top down and it's oldie manual focus film camera with a few more bits on there, look front and back and it's some odd hybrid of modern Nikon's.

I'd rather Nikon have gone the whole hog MF, no frills solid FM2 type style covering only the basics with a really good split image pentaprism (modern Nikon focus screens are horrific for manual focus!) Rather than trying to mix new and old.

I'm not sure it's going to grab 7 series shooters, the 7 and 7d were variants on a modern design. There is no need for a shutter speed selector on a modern SLR camera, and the controls look too many and overloaded on the Nikon. The idea might have been good, the execution could have been better IMO.
Mark K
Grand Caliph

Re: DK's Nikon DF article

Unread post by Mark K »

I thought I was interested in DF, but I don't。I found the new D610 has everything I want and the new A7 has everything I want.