SAR: A77 update coming, no A65 update

Specifically for the discussion of the A-mount DSLR range
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Re: SAR: A77 update coming, no A65 update

Unread post by bakubo »

bakubo wrote:Barry, with all your ideas about how a camera company should be run have you ever considered using Kickstarter to get some funding to start your own? Design cameras the proper way, sell them for great prices, wonderfully reliable gear, have the proper sterling support, regular meaningful updates to products, free retrofit and update of older products so no customers are left out in the cold, never make incompatible changes, never abandon anything, etc. I think if you could do that funding should be easy to get.

http://www.kickstarter.com/
This site can also help with the funding to get your camera company going:

https://www.gofundme.com/
bfitzgerald
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by bfitzgerald »

Come back in a few years time and add the makers who bailed out of the camera industry. I'd wager one of those will be micro 4/3 based. I can't see Panasonic lasting long term

I was right about 4/3 years ago despite the howls of some I said it was never going to take off and it is now a remnant of history. Bit of a waste of time for those who bought into the system. Seems I was right about that one ;-)
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

bfitzgerald wrote:Come back in a few years time and add the makers who bailed out of the camera industry. I'd wager one of those will be micro 4/3 based. I can't see Panasonic lasting long term
Nothing lasts forever and only fools think so. Wouldn't surprise me a bit if someday Panasonic or Olympus or both leave the camera business. Not a big deal. It doesn't take any great mind to think that someday something will change somewhere in the world concerning some company. Jeez. It hasn't happened yet though.

We are all waiting for this wonderful camera company you could lead to great success doing all you say should be done by the others. Annihilate them all with your brilliant company! Do all you say they should do and the world will beat a path to your door. Where is that camera company you keep tantalizing us with???? :lol:
bfitzgerald wrote: I was right about 4/3 years ago despite the howls of some I said it was never going to take off and it is now a remnant of history. Bit of a waste of time for those who bought into the system. Seems I was right about that one ;-)
If and when it happens it wouldn't surprise me. Same for any other company in any industry in the whole world. Things change. Your predictions are the stopped clock variety though. :lol: You only get some credit if your predictions contain rare insight, or contrary to everyone else, and they happen in a timely way. Your's don't meet any of those points. And the one in question after 5 years ago still hasn't even happened. :lol: And actually, I think, you predicted the imminent death of m4/3. Not that Panasonic and/or Olympus would get out of it. So you are still not right. We'll see what the future holds. My only expectation is that over time things will change.

In the world of high tech change is guaranteed. Predicting that something will change someday is nothing.

Where is your company? That is the question at hand. The attempt to change the subject though doesn't help us any in trying to figure out how much progress you have made on your wonderful camera company. At this point it has been probably something like 15 years since we have been hearing all your opinions about how to do it right.
bfitzgerald
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by bfitzgerald »

I said 4/3 the original format wouldn't last a lot of others didn't agree including the founder of luminous landscape for one (sadly who passed away last year). It's just an opinion that's what a forum is so if you don't like it then don't post here. I doubt micro 4/3 can sustain 2 makers it's very unlikely that doesn't mean I think it will die. Olympus like other makers are desperately trying to push high end bodies to raise more revenue. Micro 4/3 can't sustain full frame prices on bodies in the same way APS-C cannot.
Even if I had Bill Gates funds I wouldn't set up a camera company you would have to be mad in the current period of decline.

Give a view isn't a bad thing unless you happen to be a bit Trump like where you can't accept other people hold views that are contrary to your own. Any good company needs some critique/feedback that's a good thing for buyers and the maker. Open the door a bit get some fresh air if you can't handle the debate don't take part in it.