SAR: A77 update coming, no A65 update

Specifically for the discussion of the A-mount DSLR range
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
bfitzgerald
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Re: SAR: A77 update coming, no A65 update

Unread post by bfitzgerald »

Depends the D7000's I had def over exposed in a lot of cases (by quite a bit too)
Sometimes even the same maker has variations in models.

Back to Sony I sense increased frustration from some users at the lack of A mount news (of any kind either bodies or lenses)
I'm wondering if I should pause with any second body purchases and take a step back on the entire system. If Sony are winding A mount down then I'd rather be first off the boat, than fighting for a life jacket :mrgreen:

It's really disappointing that Sony apparently are lost wandering in the woods with no clear direction and users who are starting to get quite nervous. SAR are saying May for a new A77, I'm more concerned if they just leave that as it for 2014 meaning things could be in line for an orderly wind down.
classiccameras
Viceroy

Unread post by classiccameras »

Unless your already on E mount or planning to move to E mount it would be wise to wait before you make any more investment in A mount. Some sort of strategy is probably worth having for your own circumstances.

I would also think that if A mount was dropped, the second hand prices for A mount bodies, lenses etc. will fall, that may be a good thing for those staying with A mount.
I have a short list of other brands to move to if the future looks bleak for A mount.
CHOLLY
Oligarch

Unread post by CHOLLY »

Sony is continuing to develop and produce A mount cameras. The A77 Mark II us set to be released in May of this year. Other cameras will follow...
Dr. Harout

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

CHOLLY wrote:Sony is continuing to develop and produce A mount cameras. The A77 Mark II us set to be released in May of this year. Other cameras will follow...
Thumbs up
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
Atgets_Apprentice
Grand Caliph

Unread post by Atgets_Apprentice »

CHOLLY wrote:Sony is continuing to develop and produce A mount cameras. The A77 Mark II us set to be released in May of this year. Other cameras will follow...
Can you substantiate this in any way?
XG-1, XD-5, XD-7, X-500, XG1n, X300, 7000i, 700si, 800si, 500si Super, 600si, Dynax 5, KM 7D, a100, a200, a300, a580. And another 600si.....
Atgets_Apprentice
Grand Caliph

Unread post by Atgets_Apprentice »

Duplicate post, sorry.
Last edited by Atgets_Apprentice on Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XG-1, XD-5, XD-7, X-500, XG1n, X300, 7000i, 700si, 800si, 500si Super, 600si, Dynax 5, KM 7D, a100, a200, a300, a580. And another 600si.....
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

You seem to be on the inside of Sony. It is great when we get an insider posting here on the forum. Please tell us much more about these new A-mount cameras. Thank you.
bfitzgerald

Ditto I'm all ears on this one. So far only news of an A77II is flying around, we've heard nothing at all about any other models
classiccameras
Viceroy

Something in the A37/57, possibly 65 level/price would make me happy.
I hope not all of them will be 24mp either.
bfitzgerald

Maybe I should just buy another A57!
I'm keen to avoid the new hot shoe (at least for as long as possible)

If only Sony had done an A57 MkII and not this A58 ho hum offering
A 6 series would be nice but we have heard nothing at all which isn't looking good
classiccameras
Viceroy

Barry, I think the 57 is an investment as when they come up second hand they don't stay in the shelf long. The 57 is obviously a well sort after camera and I'm glad I got mine when I did.
bfitzgerald

I'm considering my options right now a blow out deal on something or maybe another A57 (it's not perfect but it's capable for a variety of tasks)
I'll hold tight for a while and see what happens

I just need a second back up body that's up to date, and I should be fairly sorted for a good while (so I can sit back and relax and not worry about Sony's next move!)
alphaomega
Viceroy

Unread post by alphaomega »

So SAR are getting hotter and hotter on release of A77II
http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/sr5-one- ... e-to-come/
And here is the lens to fit in front to have one camera/lens combination to do 99% of your photography
http://www.dpreview.com/news/2014/04/11 ... =title_0_8
Imagine a 24-450mm equivalent superzoom at around 540g and no more than 96mm long. I wonder about its image quality. I could sell my A580 and Sony/CZ 16-80, Tamron 18-270 and Tamron 70-300 (both motorized) on ebay and make do with one A77II/16-300mm zoom instead. Probably would not cost me more than £2,000 here in UK. I might get £900 for the A580 and three lenses, if I were lucky.
bfitzgerald

Latest info is...

http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/sr5-a77i ... amera-yet/

No idea what that means might have a new AF system, improved sensor and no doubt the new hot shoe, better EVF etc and a few more bits. It might not be (depending on price) a sure fire upgrade for some users.
I have enough equipment and with s/h bodies to sustain A mount for a good few years if required, but I'm certainly not going to invest in any exotic stuff.
I think that's the problem for Sony, users are nervous those that do stay will likely reign in or postpone any serious spending to see what happens.

If after this A77II release, there is very little activity (either in lenses or new bodies) I think that will be taken as a sign things are not looking good.
It is possible there might be another FF A mount body, but I can't see that doing much unless it's a very competitive offering. A99 is still £1800

Now is not the time to be investing in expensive Zeiss glass or higher end bodies! I'd be amazed if Sony are pulling in many new users
bfitzgerald

Here's another thread on dyxum saying the same thing..ie the model gaps.
http://www.dyxum.com/dforum/the-amount- ... 06670.html

It is quite a valid point he said he wanted the A65 at that price, not the A58 and the A77 was too pricey at the time