Remote Control App for a58

Specifically for the discussion of the A-mount DSLR range
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
mixxer
Acolyte

Remote Control App for a58

Unread post by mixxer »

I've noticed over the last few days on various Sony forums someone plugging an app he'd written to remotely control the a58. I installed it on my smartphone today and gave it a quick trial. After a limited trial I'm happy to report that it appears to work OK. I intend to give it further tests over the next few days. I'll report any issues when and if I find them. For those interested it's called RCCDROID. I must add that I have no connection or interest in this app or it's developer(s) other than as a user.

Mick
Iknowit
Acolyte

Re: Remote Control App for a58

Unread post by Iknowit »

You can use Sony Remote Camera Control for Window and Mac.

Then you can shoot tethered or shoot wirelessly.
It only save directly to computer which is a bad thing.
Another bad thing is it can not do live-view like Canon, Leica, Hasselblad, Nikon and Olympus can.
alphaomega
Viceroy

Unread post by alphaomega »

I have the A58, NEX-6 and RX100, which all can accept apps to improve use. I don't have a "smart phone" yet, but I am thinking of purchasing one. I wonder if any users of the above cameras can recommend suitable phones to purchase that will work well with these cameras and good applications from Sony and others. I guess that first one would be remote control of the cameras and ability to see on the phone screen what the camera would record at time of shooting. I am new to this I am afraid. Thanks in advance for any advice.
mixxer
Acolyte

Unread post by mixxer »

With regard to RCCDroid I have had no problems with my Huawei Ascend Y300 and Star S4 smartphones. These are cheap phones, the former cost £70 from Argos and the latter £120 on eBay (new).