Sony A3500

Specifically for the discussion of the A-mount DSLR range
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
bfitzgerald
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Re: Sony A3500

Unread post by bfitzgerald »

A mount has the cheapo build decent optically 30mm macro too.
I can't stand the build on the "easy choice lenses" but they are good glass wise

And you get IBIS too, that's what kills E mount for me it's a huge huge disadvantage v A mount
classiccameras
Viceroy

Unread post by classiccameras »

Just had 7 days in Belgium, beer festival and a bit of sight seeing in Brugge.

There is no doubt about it, I saw more Canon DSLR's amongs the tourists than any other brand. There were 5 people in my party with Canons, the most popular being the 450xxx700D range with the odd D50/60.
Nikons were probably the second most common DSLR to be seen.
However apart from those dreadful camera phones, P+S/compacts/bridge were by far the prevalent.
I was the only one with a Sony. Talking to one Canon owner, he said I cannot see any sense moving away from the best system in the world. He said most new Canon models coming out never have head line catching innovation, but just subtle up grades and tweaks, but enough to entice people to upgrade, Canon are a very conservative company apparently.
peterottaway
Imperial Ambassador

Unread post by peterottaway »

Well according to Canon they don't do retro. So it's 1989 to be followed by 1989 and then it's 1989 ! Well at least everyone knows Canons road map and it is hard to know whether s photographer ia shooting with a 2004 camera or a 2014 camera unless you look wery, wery cwlowsey. Apologies to Porky Pig. No sorry that's Elmer Fudd. You can't make that mistake with a Canon.
bfitzgerald
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by bfitzgerald »

Bridge cams are popular enough with many folks (I see quite a few around) I started off with one and ended up with one again!
Canon dominate big time, least from what I see they are quite some way ahead of Nikon

No many Sony one's around, and Pentax is a rare sight
Canon are conservative and in many ways always have been. Few Canon users I meet are thinking about dumping their mount for something else
Even in the pro sector I would say Canon are still way ahead
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Folks love bridge cameras. My in-laws absolutely love their Canon SX50 bridge camera which they bought last year. "The best camera we've ever had". It should be as it is probably twice the price of anything they have bought before (they're not camera geeks :) .). Their favourite features? It has a rechargeable battery which "lasts for ages". It has a view finder (which I'm not really sure they know or care is electronic rather than optical). Huge zoom range. It tells them what to do, e.g. the camera comes up with "raise flash" when it's too dark in English and not a strange flashing icon. Oh, and it produces very nice pictures (contrasty and saturated jpg files to you and me). It will probably be the last camera they ever buy unless it has an accident or breaks down.
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.