Sony a77II discontinued

Specifically for the discussion of the A-mount DSLR range
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
sury
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Re: Sony a77II discontinued

Unread post by sury »

The sales tax methodology in U.S. is very State dependent. In California, if any online vendor has a physical presence, the vendor is required to collect taxes (e.g. Amazon). If the vendor does not have a physical presence (e.g. B&H Video) then the buyer is responsible for reporting the purchase and pay sales tax to State of California at time of filing state tax return. More often than not, people do not report, and the tax collecting agency has not come after the filers yet.

Sury
Minimize avoidable sufferings - Sir Karl Popper
jbtaylor
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Unread post by jbtaylor »

I used Lock-On AF Expanded Flexible Spot focusing to take these. Did it work? I have no idea. Never saw the camera track anything but there was little movement from the subject.

All taken with the Tamron 150-600mm at f8.0 and 1/500th. Handheld.

560mm

600mm

CHOLLY
Oligarch

Unread post by CHOLLY »

That setting is designed to track fast moving subjects... not necessarily slow moving or static subjects.

Check THIS out: http://www.sony.net/Products/di/common/ ... _Guide.pdf

Then I STRONGLY suggest you consider purchasing the A77II EBook by Gary Friedman.

Friedman is a NASA scientist who is also an award winning photographer and one of the BEST 3rd party owners manual authors in the business.

His books are EXTREMELY well written, covering ever single feature and capability of your camera in great detail, but in plain, easy to understand language suitable for everyone from the beginning photographer to the season professional.

Gary offers a 2 week satisfaction or your money back offer, but in my experience... and I have purchased a number of his products... you would be willing to pay TWICE the price for what he gives you and STILL feel like you came out ahead on the deal.

Check this out:

http://friedmanarchives.com/alpha77II/index.htm

Good luck, and enjoy your camera!
jbtaylor

Thanks. I did purchase the Friedman book but after being sick in bed for 2 weeks, I decided to go out and take some images. I had seen the focusing section in the Friedman book but it is still new to me.
Will play more seriously next week.
CHOLLY
Oligarch

Unread post by CHOLLY »

Once you get the feel for the different situations and how the lens you have attached to the camera will respond, you'll REALLY be able to master the Autofocus options.

Again, Good Luck!
jbtaylor

Had some luck last weekend.

CHOLLY
Oligarch

Unread post by CHOLLY »

The Osprey looks good.