remote comander

Specifically for the discussion of the A-mount DSLR range
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
wildabout
Acolyte

remote comander

Unread post by wildabout »

What is the best remote comander for the Alpha 77mkii
I have one of the RMT DSLR2 ones which seems to be very hit and miss as to if it fires the shutter ,and when it does it fires one frame.Tried new battery.
Does it only fire one frame at a time ,would have thought it would fire off at the max frame rate ,as the wired remote does.Maybe the hit and miss as to it working means I need to buy a new one,but is it worth it if you only get one frame-not sure if there are any good third party ones that anyone knows about?-Also seem to remember last time i used it the distance it would work over was somewhat limmited
any help or advise welcome
CHOLLY
Oligarch

Re: remote comander

Unread post by CHOLLY »

Give me a day to check into this and if no one else gives you your answer first, I'll see if I can help...
the_hefay
Viceroy

Unread post by the_hefay »

I have the RMT-DSLR2 and the Sony a77m2. I've never had any problem with inconsistency. However, I've never tried to fire it off with continuous shooting. Right now my camera is in transport from the repair shop and so I can't check it out at the moment. But it absolutely should work consistently. It does have a range limit. Once I get out to 30 feet or so, it does have a little trouble. If distance isn't the issue perhaps the battery in the remote is dying.
the_hefay
Viceroy

Unread post by the_hefay »

I just tested it with my a77m2. Responded quickly and consistently up to 31 feet. I'm sure it would reach farther, but that's all the space I had in my apartment. Even with the camera set to continuous it only fired one shot with each press and hold on the remote. However, if the timer on the camera was set to either 10 or 2 sec. then the shutter release on the remote activated the timer. If the timer was set to 10 sec. the 2 sec shutter button on the remote acted as a 10 sec. timer also. I hope this helps.