Merry Christmas!

Where you live and what you do there - your own space & time
Forum rules
Do not post personal information or images relating to your home, family, workplace or possessions as this is public forum. Feel free to post about your home town, countryside, hobbies, sports, subjects of special interest or study, culture, tourist attractions. No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
kysham
Heirophant

Re: Merry Christmas!

Unread post by kysham »

Merry Christmas to all my new found friends & mentors in this forum. Here is one shot while I was in Singapore last month. Shot this in a shopping mall in Singapore. Christmas shopping starts early in Singapore, it seems.

Merry Christmas, everyone! :D
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

David Kilpatrick wrote:Here is another from me - this time from the A900 with 28-105mm. A shell, decoupage and carved wooden model nativity scene in the Charterhouse of Valldemossa, Mallorca - no idea of the date, looks 20th c obviously. The A900 allowed me to get dozens of extremely detailed interiors and exhibits from museums and houses in Mallorca, both using SSS and with tripod.

There is an extreme WB adjustment in ACR and also use of Fill Light - which I am finding quite incredible with files up to ISO 400, and more effective than any other method of bringing up dark details.

David
That's a good one indeed David! :)
I've been wondering for a while; do you have to spend a reasonable amount of time to bring out these results on A900 raws? In other words, how long does an avarege workflow require for a single photo? Do you find it tiresome or having maintained a method, are you pretty quick to get the desired last-look?
(in terms of minutes would be nice)

Thanks
Yildiz
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

I've answered that in detail here just now:
http://www.photoclubalpha.com/forum/vie ... =32&t=1547

Yes, I spend time on individual shots. I shoot only what I know I want most of the time, sometimes I end up taking random shorts when the light is great (but great light without a subject is not much use!) but I am far more economical on pressing the shutter than most people (Shirley for example, she will dump dozens of nearly identical zoo shots on me and I have to try to find the best frame). Ten minutes is probably a fair estimate, with some taking much less, and others more.

David
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

:D Thanks David,

I read your post in the other thread. Quite a workflow ...
I guess I should be glad that I have only myself to dump all the work. My conscience feels better for it! :D

Yildiz