Worcestershire Hedgerows

Where you live and what you do there - your own space & time
Forum rules
Do not post personal information or images relating to your home, family, workplace or possessions as this is public forum. Feel free to post about your home town, countryside, hobbies, sports, subjects of special interest or study, culture, tourist attractions. No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
Birma
Tower of Babel

Worcestershire Hedgerows

Unread post by Birma »

It has been dull and grey around here for weeks now. Summer never seemed to get started but, now that we are approaching autumn, there is some colour in the hedgerows where I live. Popped out during a lull in the regular showers and grabbed the camera with whatever lens was attached - happened to be the Tamron 17-50 2.8.

All ISO 400 and 50mm. Cropped and edited in Elements (2!)

f2.8 1/80

f5.6 1/40

f5.6 1/50

F5.6 1/25

F5.6 1/20

C&C welcome
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Re: Worcestershire Hedgerows

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

Wild hops growing in hedgerows? You could make your own ale and wine from that lot, from elderberry to blackberry, and even produce a coffee substitute and an attempt at flatbread (acorns). It's interesting that everything you have photographed is edible, some of it is medicinal, and elderberries (if used unwisely) either narcotic or poisonous. And it all looks better in the rain than it does on a sunny day. Well found!

Your processing is a bit heavy on artefacts, maybe a result of sharpening and JPEG compression.

David
Birma
Tower of Babel

Re: Worcestershire Hedgerows

Unread post by Birma »

We saw two other families out blackberry picking in just a mile of lane, but as we didn't take a bag/box we just snacked as we went :) . I was initially surpised by the hops, but it's quite a common crop around here and so some escapees are to be expected I suppose.

Re. the artifacts, I've just disovered unsharp mask and I'm probably not being very subtle with it, combined with trying to make up for poor focus (me not the equipment I hasten to add!).
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.